Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Here goes nothin'

Brace yourselves.  There's been a lot going on at our house the last few days and that means a looooong post.


#1 BYU vs. TCU game.  On Friday BYU played TCU at Cowboy stadium.  Just watching the game in the stadium was awesome.   BYU lost, which was sad, the refs were making some REALLY bad calls, which was frustrating, and the people in charge of what was being shown on the JumboTron were being downright ridiculous.  Whenever TCU had a good play they got a playback.  When BYU got a good play the JumboTron showed TCU cheerleaders. Seriously?! BUT we went with some super fun friends and had a fun night out and that made it all worth it.

Cowboy stadium is pretty cool!  We aren't big Cowboys fans, so this is the only time we really get to go there.


#2 Wise family Halloween party.  Chris's sister, Ashley, and her husband, Josh, came into town for the BYU game, so they were also here for our monthly family dinner.  It was our turn to host, so we had a fun Halloween party at our house with ALL the cousins! 


Seven Wise grandkids: Elisa's arm (I don't think Chris realized she was there), Austin, Madison, Jaxon, Ethan, Colton, Hyrum


pumpkin patch cake (yes that color combo is kind of gross.  I meant to do chocolate frosting under the vines, but ran out of cocoa, so this is what we got...)


with dirt and worms inside!


eating pizza with grandpa


Uncle Nathan sporting his batman costume


decorating trick-or-treating buckets

#3 Family pictures!  There are a lot of things that I'm not as consistent with as I would like to be.  I guess you could say I'm consistently inconsistent!  But one thing I actually HAVE been very consistent with is taking annual family pictures.  And I'm so glad.  We've had kids long enough now that we've got quite a collection of family pictures over the years and I really love having the pictures to look back on and watch how the kids grow.  Uncle Garrett is in town visiting right now, so we put him behind the camera.  I truly believe that with a good location, good camera, fun outfits, and cute kids, you can get pretty good pictures without having to pay someone, especially when your kids are super little and won't look at the camera anyway!  I don't think we got a single "perfect" shot out of 350+ pictures, but all of the pictures combined are pretty fun!














#4 Halloween!  We had a blast dressing up as the incredibles one more time!  We got quite the reaction walking around the neighborhood for trick-or-treating!  We even had 3 separate people stop us to ask for a picture of our family.  What made it even more fun is that Uncle Garrett dressed up as Syndrome!






Violet- she was way more into this costume than I thought she would be!  


Dash


Jack-Jack


Elasti-girl- motherhood would be so much easier with superpowers


off to save Mr. Increidlbe


syndrome


sorting candy!  The kids had so much fun sorting their candy and trading each other for what they wanted.


fighting Syndrome- we put an entire bottle of Elmer's glue in that wig to make it stand up like that

#5 Lost tooth.  Madison lost her first tooth Monday night after we went trick-or-treating.  She was super excited.  Then she BLACKED OUT!  Yes, that girl has bad genes in her I guess.  Chris has been known to pass out when he gets blood drawn.  Her Uncle Garrett once passed out in the dentists office after getting a tooth pulled.  She's okay, though.  Thankfully she didn't get hurt.  And she was very excited that the Tooth Fairy brought her money AND candy since she lost her tooth on Halloween!  She told me she wants to lose a tooth on Christmas so she can get money AND a present.  Smarty pants.



The End.  Finally.

4 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Great update :)

Sarah said...

Love all the updates! You guys have been busy! I'm seriously still dying over your Halloween Costumes! They are hysterical ... so much fun!

I love the family photos too ... cute kids can alwasy make a photo look great!

Jeni said...

Can't believe she lost a tooth! Natalie will be so excited to hear it! Was it one of the ones on the bottom that needed to come out anyway?!

Super cute costumes!

Amanda said...

LOVE the family pic's! You got some great ones;)