Monday, January 23, 2012

20 reasons I love my kids

1) Madison loves writing books.  She writes 3-4 books a week.  Her latest "The Day of Veluntins" was about a thing from space that sucked up all the Valentine's decorations.  Very creepy.

2) Jaxon can write his whole alphabet and recognize all his letters and their sounds.  And his handwriting is absolutely horrible.  He must be a boy.

3) Colton tries to repeat almost any word I tell him to say.  He also mimics my voice inflections.  He's going to be quite the talker.

4) The kids have informed me that they like Chris just a little bit more than they love me because he has an iPad and I don't.  If I had an iPad they would love me the same.

5) When Jaxon grows up he wants to "bring his iPad to church and check on his computer and be an account like his dad."  He also says they can work together at the same job.

6) Jaxon wants Chris to get a truck so that Jaxon can drive Chris's car.  It sounds like a fool proof plan to me.

7) Madison loves playing the piano.  Chris taught her to play "Heart and Soul" I'm so glad I get to hear that song all day long!


8) Colton has the best stink eye face EVER!  REALLY!  I wish I could capture it on camera.

9) We finally gave Madison an alarm clock and now she gets herself dressed, makes her bed, gets herself breakfast, and brushes her teeth.  I LOVE it.   She's usually ready by about 7:10 and it makes my day so much easier.  

10) The alarm clock we let Madison use is actually my old iPhone.  The 3S that fell off the car when Colton was a newborn and got fixed.  It's pretty beat up and it's NOT activated.  We let the kids play games on it occasionally and Madison has a chores app on it that she uses in the morning. She keeps asking "where's my phone".  I have to keep reminding her that it is not her phone. 

11) Colton adores Jaxon.  Every time he sees Jaxon he yells, "Jaxon!!!!" I'm so glad those two boys love each other so much.

12) Colton and Jaxon are pretty easy to take places.  I'd give them about a B+ on the shopping grading scale.  It's usually not a horrible experience to take them shopping together.


13) Madison ate every meal I made last week without complaining. Actually, she ate every meal and then asked for the leftovers the next day.  It's a miracle.  And it's so gratifying to have someone actually eat what I make and compliment me on it.  

14) Madison and Jaxon have finally started eating peanut butter sandwiches.  I don't know why it took them so long, but it has made my life a million times easier.  Jaxon will even eat a PB sandwich for breakfast sometimes!  

15) Colton totally rocks the faux hawk.


16) Madison is a pretty good babysitter.  I can't wait until she's old enough to watch the kids alone.  I can definitely put her in charge of keeping Colton happy while I take a shower, make dinner, etc.  If only she could change his diapers.  

17) Jaxon loves super heroes.  We all know this.  What I didn't know until last night is that Jaxon makes up songs in his bed about super heroes while he's going to sleep.  They're pretty intense, "Here comes Superman, here comes Batman, here comes the blue guy, here comes running man.  The superheroes are here to save the da-ay-ay."

18) All 3 of my kids are growing like weeds.  Especially Jaxon.  He's grown 2 inches in 4 months.  I wish it was closer to summer because all his pants are becoming high waters and I don't want to have to replace them all.  I'm glad that all my kids are strong and healthy.

19) Jaxon still takes naps about 2-3 days a week.  It's so wonderful when both the boys nap at the same time.  I usually have to lay down next to him so that he will fall asleep.  I love cuddling with my boy.

20) Colton gives the best kisses ever! He still uses the open mouth approach and he refuses to kiss anyone on the cheek. 

No comments: