Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy 30th to my favorite person!

Tomorrow is the big day!  This little baby is going to be middle aged! (Is 30 still middle aged? Is it still considered over the hill?)


I just thought I'd share some fun pics. of Chris from back before he got old :)



When Chris was younger he played baseball for quite a few years and evidently was pretty good, that girl next to him was a girl he liked so obviously there were multiple benefits to playing on that team.  


I just think this picture is cute.  


This is probably the most famous picture of Chris.  It's in his parent's house.  It was on his missionary farewell cake.  I'm glad his parents ran for the camera instead of helping him out, cause that's what I would do.


I don't know if a lot of people know this, but when Chris was 2 he got dropped on his head.  Really.  He dented his skull and had to have surgery to have it popped back out.  He still has a scar running from his ear to the middle of his head.  Thankfully he healed quickly and there was no lasting damage. 


It looks like Jaxon and Chris share the same affinity for boots and shorts.  Also, they look SO much alike.  It just kills me how similar they look.  Jaxon's face is a little bit thinner and he has my dimple chin, but their facial expressions and mannerisms are incredibly similar.


Chris has always been an awesome dresser, gotta love the 90's!


I know Jaxon looks the most like Chris, but I think I can see some of Colton in this pictures, maybe it's just cause Chris is stuffing his mouth with food.


And a soccer pic.  Chris loved playing soccer and still does when he gets the chance. 


Oh, hello Jaxon, how did you get back to the 80's? 


Stitches on his forehead from running into a table (I think)


(Stephen, Chris, Jon)

Chis loves his brothers.  I love hearing the stories about the funny things they did growing up.  Chris has 4 brothers and 1 sister.  His other two brothers are quite a bit younger than him, but Jon, Chris, and Stephen were always partners in crime!


Happy Birthday Chris!  You're a great dad and a great husband and I hope our kids turn out just as good as you did!

1 comment:

Bassetts said...

I like having a little glimpse into what makes Chris...well, Chris. Happy 30th!

(Sarah - do you brag about how long it is 'til you're 30? You should :) )