It happened. Chris turned 30. We had a couple of small celebrations this weekend. Saturday night we went out with friends. Sunday we had cake with the kids.
golf ball cake
Monday the kids and I brought him some surprise treats at work! And that was about it. I love celebrating birthdays!
three kids in a stroller, yes, we do actually ride around like this!
Also on Chris's birthday Colton was diagnosed with RSV- RSV, ear infection, sinus infection, and conjunctivitis. I pretty much felt like mother of the year after that appointment. So, we are having our first experience with a nebulizer. That Colton, I must say, he is pretty healthy, but when he does get sick he goes for the gold! In his short little life he has had meningitis, strep throat (which evidently babies DON'T get) and RSV.
Colton is doing much better today, thank goodness. Although we were back in at the doctor this morning because Jaxon was up all night crying with an ear infection. Poor boys! They have both been asleep for 3 hours right now, thank goodness! That's what they need the most. (I'm not going to lie, I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon, too. I don't usually nap, but with sick kids, busy season-aka no hubby for the last 3 weeks, and a cold of my own, I totally needed it. It was lovely. I hope that I can keep from getting super sick myself.)
Thank goodness we have had good weather here the last few days, though. It's been nice to be able to take the boys outside since we can't really go anywhere else. We had some good times playing "airplane" on the trampoline yesterday!
Colton always has cars in his hands. They are his favorite!
And apparently Madison has contracted a weird illness of her own. She suddenly aged 95 years over night! Today was her 100th day of school so all the kids dressed up like they were 100. I think it's an adorable idea! If the boys hadn't been so sick I would have met her for lunch just to see all the 100-year-old kindergartners.
That's her knitting bag!
Finally, in other news, my sister and I have started a blog together. I found that our family blog was getting very journal-ish, which I'm fine with, because that's what it's for. But I like having an outlet to write more creatively, share projects, thoughts, etc. So my sister and I teamed up to make a fun blog of our own.
check it out: The Smart Girls
(read the story behind the title)
.jpg)






4 comments:
Luv ur smart girls blog:). Hope ur kids stay well!!!!! And Madison rocked the 100 yr look:)
Poor Colton. Abigail has a double ear infection and a sinus infection, but as the nurse practioner was looking through her chart she pointed out that this is the first time Abigail has been to the doctor for a sick visit! I couldn't believe it!
Ya I saw that the other day. Love it! Y'all are too cute!
And poor little boys! But more importantly, poor you! I'm glad you are napping. I need one of those.
Poor Colton. Hopefully he'll be stronger for it as he gets older :(
OMG! Love the smart girls blog. Not sure why I haven't seen it yet, but LOVE IT!
Post a Comment