We've had a good week this week. WAY better than last week. I feel decently sane right now. My house isn't falling apart, it's actually pretty clean, except my bathroom, but Jax is asleep in my room, so I can't clean it right now. Tuesday was the turning point. The snot faucet finally turned off in Colton's nose and he is back to his usual happy self. Thank goodness!!!
Wednesday night we had a few rare moments of peace and awesomeness where I felt like I was giving the kids the attention they needed, they weren't fighting, and things were being accomplished all at the same time. Colton was being super, super cute playing with his cars.
See that happy face? He would play cars all day if he could.
He likes to line them all up and then move them to another place and line them up again.
Jax was playing superheros. Luke Skywalker is his current favorite.
Madison was practicing piano (after ballet) and Colton wasn't interfering.
It was a lovely 30 minutes. One definitely worth remembering. I'm glad I had the camera out to record some sanity!
Monday for FHE we talked about Jesus loving us and how we should love everyone etc. Then we each took turns writing what we love about each other on hearts to hang in the kitchen. I loved some of the things the kids came up with.
Madi loves Colton because he is cute and silly
Jax loves Colton because he is cute and fat and he sits down when I tell him to sit down.
Jax loves Madi because she finds blowing flowers for him (white dandelions)
Jax loves Chris because he sometimes plays soccer with him and he is cute
Madi loves mom because she is pretty and she is nice
During this lesson we were also talking about how we should be nice to people even if they are mean. Jaxon came up with the great example of the Grinch and how the Grinch was mean and then he decided to be nice. I thought that was a funny reference.
We've actually had a couple of funny gospel discussions lately. A couple weeks ago we were talking about the second coming:
Madi: I think I will be shy when Jesus comes again
Jaxon: Jesus and I can knock down trees together
Madi: Jesus could move a mountain if he wanted to. Or make daddy move a mountain.
Jaxon: Jesus and I can fight.
Me: Jesus wants us to be nice.
Jaxon: We can just fight nicely
And the kicker, the other night we were reading D&C:
Me: Jaxon, what's the name of our church?
Jaxon: (has no clue)
Me: (slowly with Jax repeating)The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Madi: It's Saints? I thought it was Latter-Day SINS
So there you have it. In our family we aren't saints we are sinners :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
Haha. I love the little dialogues. Hilarious!
Post a Comment