Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kansas City Temple Open House!!

This past weekend we had the AWESOME opportunity to go to the Kansas City Temple open house!  I'm just so darn excited that there is a temple so close to my home town.  I can remember back in the day when Dallas was the closest temple.  It's so wonderful to see the growth of the church and watch the temples being built all over the world.

It was kind of a crazy trip.  We left Thursday at 7 p.m. and got into Kansas City at 3 a.m.  Friday we went to the petting zoo with the kids, took naps, and dyed Easter eggs.   All the petting zoo pics are on Chris's phone, but here are some Easter egg pics: 


Jaxon, this is probably one of the few pics we got of him smiling like a normal person


Colton, I love the look on his face, he LOVED dying eggs, I just let him keep dying the same eggs over and over again, though, cause I wanted to save the eggs for the big kids :)


Madison obviously favored the pink eggs. 

Saturday morning we got up early and went to the open house.  Saturday was the first day for the open house, so we were one of the first groups to go through.  It was such a great experience to let the kids see inside the temple.  I know they felt the spirit.  Madison liked the mirrors in the sealing room the best.


Isn't it a beautiful temple?  We left Colton at home so that we could really enjoy the experience with the big kids.


We picked up some authentic KC bbq on the way home!  Yum-o!!  Chris was a happy man!


 Then we did an Easter egg hunt: Madi's loot


Colton was very into it as well!

I didn't get any pics of Jaxon, at least not any decent ones.  They are mostly blurry cause he doesn't hold still :)

After the Easter egg hunt we had a fire in the fire pit. 


stuffing his face


Obviously Jaxon was enjoying the chips.  This kid literally SWIMS in everything he eats.


s'mores!!


Colton playing "cars, cars, cars". 

Sunday we went to church then had Easter dinner.  After dinner we headed back to Dallas.  We left at 3 p.m. and got back at 12 a.m.  What a trip!  We were only in Kansas City for about 60 hours!


We did stop at Braum's for dinner and ice cream on the way home, though!  

At dinner I asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was.  Jaxon said, "Sleeping."  I think he was referring to camping out on the game room floor at grandma and grandpa's.  Madison said, "Going to the temple."  Which I thought was the perfect answer.  It definitely made the short, crazy trip worth it!


2 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

How exciting! I still remember the Houston Temple open house and dedication so vividly. I got sit behind Sis. Hinkley in the celestial room!

Jeni said...

So fun for y'all!