I'm pretty sure I could title every post that way, but whatever...
Okay so here's a few of the MANY things we've been up to:
1) We took our family to prom.
Chris's brother is handicapped and he is part of a club at school called Circle of Friends. This club includes the kids with disabilities and kids without disabilities. They had a fundraiser last weekend for the club. All of the couples consisted of one kid who was disabled and one who wasn't. The range of disabilities was pretty big. Some of the kids were confined to wheel chairs, many of them had down syndrome or other disorders. I was so impressed with the kids that volunteered to be in this club. The were so dedicated to helping the disabled kids.
The kids LOVED getting all dressed up for the "ball"! (We left Colton at home.)
The kids in the club got to ride in a limo and then walk through a saber arch to enter the event
Nathan and his escort
My nephew, Austin, he knows the entire dance to Thriller, it was classic! The kids all had a blast dancing around.
2) FC Dallas games
Chris and Madi went to a game while the boys and I were in UT. Last week Chris got free tickets through his work, so he took the big kids to the game.
The food is their favorite part, in case you can't tell Jaxon LOVES popcorn!
3) Jaxon's first talk in Primary
I'm not gonna lie. I totally failed at Madison's first talk a couple years ago. I forgot she was even speaking. I know, good job, right?! Anyway, Jaxon was asked to speak last Sunday and Madison was really jealous. She asked if she could help him give his talk and I figured, why not?! She can read. And I would be in there if things got out of hand. The kid did awesome!! It was so hilarious to watch, but Jaxon spoke really clearly and Madison did a great job holding the pictures and reading him his lines,
except one picture ended up upside down :)
4) Fun times.
Here are some random, fun pictures from my phone.
Colton's two loves: fruit snacks and his bottle. I try to wean him from his bottle about every other week, but the kid loves it SO much. It's been a hard struggle. I DO try not to let him walk around without all day, but sometimes he just needs it I guess. And I finally got smart and moved the fruit snacks so that they aren't at Colton's eye level in the pantry. Now he doesn't remember to ask for them all the time.
Baby bunnies in the backyard. We had a nest of six tiny bunnies in the ground. The kids were thrilled. Madi wanted to play with one. I said, "No." But I kind of wanted to play with one, too. They were SO cute and tiny.
Picnics on the front lawn. The boys love sitting out under our tree and eating lunch. I always say, PB and J tastes better outside.
Just cute and silly: Colton is such a ham.
5) Birthday celebrations!
Madi turned six on Friday! I can't believe it. I'm going to save the festivities for another post because there are lots of pictures, but here is a picture of sweet baby Madi, just for fun:
Madi saw this picture a couple weeks ago and she said, "Oh I'm so cute it kind of makes me want to cry." I feel the same way! I can't believe my tiny, tiny baby is 6!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to miss Madison! I can't believe its been 6 years! So cute the kids helped each other with the primary talk :-)
Although crazy isn't always fun, I do love looking at the pictures :) Except that it makes me miss you. I think I say that every time. Happy birthday to Madi. I still remember her as a little baby. Good ol' Utah.
Post a Comment