Sunday, May 06, 2012

6!

Big news.  It's hard to believe, but Miss Madi is now 6! 


(my thoughts exactly)

We celebrated her birthday all weekend last weekend!  Friday Jax, Colton and I went to have lunch with her at school


birthday crown, birthday shirt, birthday necklace and NEW earrings since we made her wait until her birthday to switch them out!

The evening of her birthday we went camping! And we: 


 ate cupcakes!  it was too windy to actually light the candle, though



swam in the lake, cause it was really warm that day


fed the ducks, Colton was REALLY into throwing the bread


played go-fish


oh, and opened presents, Colton is modeling the sunglasses that Jax picked out for Madi

Sunday night we had family dinner to celebrate!


Madi and her cousin Elisa in their matching outfits I made them, they are birthday buddies only 10 days apart


our family together, cause we never get a shot of all of us at the same time


I must say Madison got some great gifts!  She wanted an American Girl doll, but what she really wanted was a doll with clothes that matched her clothes, so I made her clothes for her cabbage patch doll.


matching dresses, I also made them matching night gowns


and she got REAL diamond earrings from Aunt Cristina (whose dad is a jeweler), I gotta admit I'm a tiny bit jealous, the only real jewelry I own is my wedding ring


It was a very happy, fun weekend.  However, evidently LAST year I promised Madison that we could have a friend party THIS year and she is holding me to that promise.  Darn it.  I hate to be super lame, but I'm neck deep in girls camp and a million other things and I'm so not in the mood to plan another party.  I will keep my promise though, hopefully we can throw together a fun, simple party amidst all the craziness.




1 comment:

Bassetts said...

I love matchy stuff and how fun to have a cousin to match with! Are you sewing a lot? You are so good to do that! I don't spend enough time sewing :(

That's my kind of birthday weekend.