Thursday, May 31, 2012

There's really no concise way to write this....

.... so just try and keep up.  Cause I'm still trying to sort through the last week.

- to begin, Colton turned into a transformer


- Jaxon finished preschool with Ms. Angela


- the preschool kids sang songs while Colton got jiggy with it


- my wonderful grandmother passed away at the age of 87, so I went to Utah for the funeral


- I got to see all my cousins for the first time in years, 17 of the 20 grandkids were there the three that were missing were either on missions or living overseas


- we had no fun at all because we were all so sad, j/k, it was definitely bittersweet, but so fun to see everyone


- all the girls wore our best heels in honor of gma, who loved fancy shoes


- and we played her favorite game!


- and maybe we played hair salon, like back in the day when we were kids


-whilst I was away doing funeral stuff Jaxon had his fourth birthday party with his cousin Ethan, they are just 10 days apart (even though Jax is way taller), I was sad to miss the party

- Colton played with his cuz "a-dee-duh" (Elisa) at the party, they are bff's


- Madi also had her piano recital, she did great and I got to watch her via FaceTime, so it was all good, she got a medal for completing all her practice time all year, Chris correctly pointed out that I probably should have received a medal, too, since I was by her side every time she practiced


- then I came back to TX and we all went to Grandma and Grandpa Wise's house for one last pool party, they are packing up for Arkansas this week, we will really miss their pool and them :)


- we celebrated the birthday boys again, cause, in case you haven't noticed, we over-celebrate birthdays in our family!


- somehow we also ended up with a bunch of pictures of the kids stuffing cake in their mouths






- even Uncle Nathan enjoyed some cake!



- I think my kids were in the pool for at least 5 hours and they never complained, they were so exhausted by the time we left, though!



- Today Madi had her end of the year luau at school


- she got the Skittles award for being full of colorful and creative ideas


- and finally, our office is filled to the brim with girls camp craziness, camp is next week I'm so excited, and so ready to be done!



Also, one last note, Chris definitely wins dad of the year for taking the kids last weekend while I was at the funeral AND next week while I'm at camp.  He does a great job flying solo.  HOWEVER, when I got home from Utah he did say the sweetest thing I've ever heard, "Please don't die.  I don't know how you do this.  It's a LOT of work."  So true, so true, but so worth it!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

I saw my water bottle. They look great. Abigail's room is full of girls camp stuff too. When I wasn't looking she got into our food storage and added even more food to the camp food pile. I'm going to have to go through it again.

Danielle said...

Colton is such a cheeser!! I love it!!!