Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Dog Days of Summer

We've hit the dog days of summer people.  

We are 2/3 of the way done with summer vacation and I'm now operating on my fun energy reserves.  

We've done the pool and the science museum and playdates and the pool again and the dollar theatre and McDonald's and the splash park and the pool again and movie night and all of those fun, cheap entertaining ideas.  

But it's supposed to be 106 degrees everyday for the next week... which is almost too hot for swimming.  So we shall see what fun things I can come up with to keep these kids entertained and happy (aka. not fighting and whining.)

Here's what I came up with last week:


dying Madi's hair with Koolaid, she loves it and it was super cheap, it has almost washed out already


necessary trips to walmart, this was funny because Madison stole my phone and took pictures, Jaxon still likes to ride in the cart (and yes, he still wears pull-ups, I've tried to potty train him at night, but he will sleep through having an accident, so that indicates to me that he won't wake up when he gets the "urge")


Colton does NOT like riding in the cart, and he knows how to wiggle out of the seat belt


Madi likes to take pictures of herself, silly girl


we did have a fun visit from Uncle Seth and grandpa last week, of course we went swimming


and we went downtown to see the sights, the grassy knoll in front of where JFK was shot


JFK memorial (obviously built in the 60's)


silly little boy


after that we went to the Dallas Nature and Science museum, which has a super-fun kids' exhibit, Madi LOVED the farm part


and Colton loved digging! 


We also went to Uncle Julio's for dinner.  Colton has learned to give fishy kisses and he thinks he is SO funny!


In other excitement Uncle Garrett got engaged, which means it will be a busy fall with wedding and receptions, it also means we are going to Utah AGAIN this year, that will make 3 trips to Utah in 6 months, 2 of which were unplanned 


 I've been using the last couple of weeks to get some organizing done before school craziness starts again, I've always had 2 "problem areas" in my house, our office/craft room and the laundry room. Well I spent a ton of time throwing junk away and reorganizing the office and I was able to fit all my craft/office/sewing/filing/YW stuff into our small office closet, so now the office is MUCH better!



AND I painted the laundry room, which was a ridiculous experience because I was just using leftover paint and I ran out with only about a 5 ft. space, so I bought a quart, which didn't end up matching exactly, so I ended up having to buy another whole gallon, grrrr, but it was worth it and now my laundry room is awesome, my dad built and installed the hooks and I LOVE them, it's amazing how many bags we have and when winter hits and we have coats hanging up too.... oh man it gets crazy!



and finally, the kids made me breakfast in bed this morning, which I thought was sweet of them, too bad I don't like eating plastic!



No comments: