Monday, October 22, 2012

The chicken robot

Five years ago, when Madi was one, we inherited an absolutely hilarious, adorable chicken costume from a friend.  From that day forward all of my children have been required to be the chicken.  

This year was Colton's year.  He, however, had different ideas.  He told us he wanted to be a robot.  I have no clue where he got that idea.  I don't think he really knows what a robot is.  So, we told him he could be a chicken robot.  That made him happy enough.  Now if you ask him what he is for Halloween he will say, "A chi-chen robot."  If you ask him what a chicken robot says he will say (in a robotic voice), "I-am-a-robot, cheep, cheep!" 

It's kind of awesome.  


Here's our little chicken robot at the trunk-or-treat on Saturday.  


And here he is with his cupcake.  Don't you want to just squeeze him?!


Here are all the kids in their costumes.  Madi was a cat.  Jaxon was a "twoer sworder ninja" (this means a ninja with two swords).   I made Madi's skirt and headband and Jaxon' shirt, belt and headband.


Just for fun here is chicken Jaxon.


And chicken Madison.

Best costume ever, right?!


2 comments:

Danielle said...

I am dying over these pictures!!!! They are the cutest kids in the world!!!!

Anonymous said...

The cutest little chickens ever!!!

Love, Mom