Our anniversary was actually last week, last Tuesday to be exact, but I didn't get a chance to post anything. So, here is an anniversary post :) It's been an exciting 3 years, and I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favorite memories (and pictures) from the last 3 years, in no particular order. (We've had some issues with getting some of our pictures on the computer, so I couldn't get all the pictures that I wanted, but that's okay)
1) Getting married. This one is a little obvious, but really, my wedding day is one of my favorite memories. There's nothing like the excitement and happiness that I
felt that day.
2) Our first apartment. In the 8 months we lived there the toilet broke, the electricity went out for a couple of days and the living room flooded. We also had no counter tops in the kitchen, no drawers in the kitchen, and the water heater was in the middle of the hallway. Needless to say, moving to Wymount was a step up.
3) Our winter camping class. Winter semester after we were married we took a winter camping class. We dug snow caves one night--the coldest night of my life-- and went on a 3-day cross country ski trip. I learned some very important skills in that class like how to pee wearing cross country skis (it's harder than you might think).
5) Having Madison. This is pretty self explanatory. I do have to say though, the actual process of having Madison was a great experience. I didn't feel a thing, and I honestly thought that it was the most enjoyable and exciting part of the whole pregnancy. Then, of course, we got to add another member to our family who I love more than I ever thought possible.
6) Living in Palo Alto. The summer after we had Madison we moved to Palo Alto. It was so much fun to live near San Fransisco. We had a blast going to all the sights and enjoying the beauty of the area. We lived about a mile from Stanford, which is a gorgeous campus. Too bad it was so expensive or we would probably be there now.
7) BYU football games. Chris and I are die-hard BYU fans (I actually get more upset when they lose than Chris does). We started taking Madison to the games as soon as we could. She loved it, and she was a great cheerleader!
8) Snowboarding in Utah. Chris taught me how to snowboard the first year we were married. And, beside cross country skiing, it is my favorite winter sport. I didn't get to go when I was pregnant, but I'm happy to say we went last year, and I did just fine.
9) Graduating!!! There's nothing like the feeling of completing a degree (especially when you've already got a kid). It made it even better that Chris and I got to walk together and that it was Madison's birthday. What a great day!
10) Moving to Dallas. Now that we have moved 7 times in the last three years it's nice to be here. I'm sure it's not permanent, but I'm excited to be in a new area, closer to family.
Obviously there are a lot of things I left out, but I can honestly say that it has been an awesome three years, and I can't wait to see what the next three years bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Learning how to Pee in cross country skis....I'm impressed.
Wow, you guys have accomplished a lot in only three years. I'm soooo... happy you have found such a wonderful man to spend your life with. I always knew you would (you know you've always been a great example to me!) but it is still such a great feeling to see one of my favorite people in the world doing so well for herself!
Happy (belated) Anniversary!
It feels like just a few weeks ago that Hob and I were helping you guys move in to your sweet first "living space". I almost felt a tear come to my eye as I read your highlights, what a great life!! p.s. We got your new cell phone number from hob-we want to do something with ya'll the next time we come up to Dallas.
yeah! congrats! I didn't know you've moved 7 times in 3 years...yikes! BUT you're still together!
Post a Comment