Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to reality...






Last week we spent a blissful week in a condo in Missouri. Just Chris and I, sleeping until 11:00 a.m., eating out, and doing other child-free activities. Don't get me wrong, I love Madison, but I forgot how easy and spontaneous life is without someone constantly clinging to your ankles.

Even though it rained all week, we were still able to fit in a few fun activities. We watched the entire 3rd season of The Office, went through every question on the Battle of the Sexes board game, went shopping, ate out, slept in, went jet skiing, caving, and golfing. I took Chris on his first caving trip. He did really good. I wasn't sure if he was going to be claustrophobic, but he did fine. He wasn't even scared of the bats (you might think it's funny that I bring that up, but Chris doesn't really like those kinds of things. There was a baby gecko in our house the other day and he made me pick it up and throw it outside. He wouldn't touch it). I'm going to have to take Chris into a more advanced cave soon.

Anyway, so now we're back and life goes on. We definitely missed our little girl and we were happy to see her again. I was a little hurt that she didn't run right to me when we picked her up. Traitor, it only took her a week to find another "favorite."

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Fun guys! I am glad you had a good time. It sounded so nice when you were describing all the child free things... ahhh i will have to partake in that one of these days! glad you are home though, lets get together soon!

Abby said...

haha- that's funny Chris wouldn't touch the gecko. hehe- what a pansy. but of course I wouldn't do that either. Good job Sarah- . And when did this trip happen? Sounds like SO much fun. Can't wait to see you guys...

emilie s. d. p. said...

I'm so glad you two were able to enjoy the week so much, it looks like you had tons of fun. It makes me miss the midwest seeing all your pictures. I love how adventurous you still are and I know you'll never stop, your going to be such a fun Mom (I mean you already are but you know...when the kid(s) get older and can actually go into the caves with you...)

Kelly said...

so what was all of this fun for (anniversary?) and who did the little Mattie stay with and can Maria stay with this person next week?