We are FINALLY bottle free. For some reason Madison started throwing up last week (like 5 times in 3 days). And we realized that giving her the bottle always made it worse. So we quit cold turkey. Now I've been threatening to take away the bottle for a couple of months, I've just been waiting to be more settled in our house. I was going to try to do it a little more graduallly (mostly because I didn't want to make her too upset), but with the whole throwing up issue we decided it was time to let it go.
Saturday naptime was our first try. She cried for 45 minutes and then fell asleep (I left after 30 minutes and went to the store). Saturday night she cried for about 15 minutes. Today for her nap she cried for about 10 minutes. And tonight she laid down, grabbed her blanket and her pig, and didn't make a peep!!! It's a miracle. This was a much less difficult process than I thought it would be. I'm sure it's not over yet, but I just can't believe that she went to bed without crying tonight!!! She's never, ever done that. I'm so excited.
I'm sure to some of you this may not seem like that big of a deal, but this has been a big issue for us for-ev-er. Madison just really likes her bottle, so I am so glad that it looks like she will finally give it up!! Now she's a big girl!
On another note.
Chris and I have been parched today. The water in Frisco is NASTY! There's nothing "wrong" with it, but it tastes like dirt (something to do with the algea growing in the tanks during summer or something). Anyway, we have to drink bottled water because it tastes sooo gross. It usually isn't a big deal, but today is the sabbath and we ran out of bottled water. We also spent family time going on a walk. Walking outside in the hot sun + no water= two very thristy people (Madison doesn't seem to mind the taste). Solution: we went to the grocery store and got some drinks out of the vending machine. We figured it was safe because we didn't make anyone work, which is the real purpose of not spending money on Sunday, right? So Chris went up to Kroger with some change and came back with a wide array of drinks. Apparently they are really cheap there. I'm not the biggest fan of pop (I don't like the calories), but this was an emergency.
2 comments:
Such a big girl without her bottle! Good job mom & dad!
Love, Mom
I always drink bottled water. It always tastes better, and I never trust water from the tap. It's weird, I know. Madison's hair is getting so long! Make her stop growing up NOW!
Post a Comment