Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Am I a bad Mom?

Does it make me a bad mom if while shopping at JoAnn's for supplies I got Madison a bag of M&M's to keep her quite? What if when I left the store I forgot to pay for the M&M's and accidentally stole them? What if this is not the first time in the last week that I have "stolen" something?

I know that I shouldn't make excuses, but it seems that Madison is causing me to break the law a lot lately. The other day at the store she was playing with some necklaces and one somehow got under her bum in her stroller. Well, we walked out of the store with the necklace. I haven't returned it yet, but I promise I will. And then today in my efforts to make it though a shopping trip I gave Madison some M&M's and forgot to pay for them. So now I have to go back and pay for a 30 cent bag of candy. To top it all off I got pulled over the other day for speeding, luckily I didn't get a ticket, but I blame it on Madison. I spend so much energy trying to keep her happy in the car that I sometimes forget to check my speed.

I never thought that having a child would turn me into a criminal. Especially having a child as innocent looking as Madison.

13 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

You should be arrested. :)

Abby said...

Wow- rebels! Way to go! ha.. Madison looks SOOO adorable in that picture. I love the high pigtails! So cute.

emilie s. d. p. said...

Soo... funny! You theif! I was laughing so hard when I read this. Good to know that I'm not the only scatterbrained person out there, and I don't even have a kid to blame it on. I wish I could be there to see you go back and pay for those M&M's.

Kelly said...

um, one time when I was little I had my cabbage patch doll hold some gum for me in her sleave...durning the trip it slipped down into her onesie and I didn't find it until the car ride home. My mom turned around and made me take the gum back to the store and appoligize...I thought I should get the gum free for being good :) What a teaching moment.

Anonymous said...

I'm calling the police!

Love, Mom

Jill said...

LOL. Its crazy how your kids start controlling your life. Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? I guess I will find out when I finally have a kid. From the sound of it, I better wait a while. I don't want to lose my law license because I have stolen a bag of candy. Wink Wink.

Jeffery and Nicole said...

That's hilarious. Yes I cannot wait until I don't have to go to school anymore!

Amy said...

Thats awesome Sara! I don't think you are a bad mom at all!! It was fun to get updated on your lives from looking at your blog! Hope all is well!!

Jeni said...

Ha there is nothing inocent looking about that little sweetie!! You are funny Sarah.. I once stole some Cantolope from wendy's when they used to have their saladbar, I was 5, i DIDN'T know you had to pay.

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

SARA! Any luck yet on our secret mission??

Anna@Exasperation said...

I don't think she looks innocent. Look at those eyes. Nothin' but trouble. You're right. You should definately blame Madison.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Aaah, I should have read Jeni's post first. We were obviously thinking the same thing about that mischievous look on M's face...

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Not sure...to early for me to know, too. But, I have a good feeling. Who knows. I'll tell you as soon as I know. Should be in the next couple weeks. :)