Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Growing like weeds!


The big adventure for today was a visit to the doctor. Madison had her 2 year appointment and Jaxon had his 2 week appointment.

My little Madison weighed in at 24 pounds and 331/2 inches tall. This puts her in the 50th percentile on height and the 25th percentile on height. She also had her final shot until she's 3! Hooray! Unfortunately Jaxon starts shots in 2 weeks, so we have to start the whole process all over again. Sigh, I hate watching them get shots.

Jaxon is proving to be absolutely nothing like his petite sister, who didn't make it anywhere near the 50th percentile on anything until she was 1 (in fact, she was in the 7th percentile when she was born). This kid has been eating non-stop and it shows. He's put on almost a pound and a half and grown an entire inch since he was born! I'm not surprised, considering the fact that I've been exhausted and STARVING for the last 2 weeks, so much for eating healthy after the baby!) He weighed in at 8 lbs 13oz. I don't think Madison hit 9 pounds until about 8 weeks or so. He's in the 50th percentile in weight and the 90th percentile in height. It looks like the tall genes are kicking in with this one. What a little chunk! That's okay, I'm glad he's healthy and it's nice to have a child who actually eats (even if it does wear me out).

So yes, we are all still alive. Our children are healthy, and I haven't gone insane yet, even though my mom has been gone for two whole days. Maybe I will be able to handle two children after all. We'll see. It's still a little soon to tell :)

6 comments:

Kylee said...

I am glad to hear that you are handling two kids well. I bet Madison is such a great helper with Jaxon! I remember eating SO MUCH when I was nursing Caden. At least it goes to a good purpose, right? :)

Abby said...

ohh so cute. it's good lil jax will be a tall boy. so i think he looks like chris. i know i know- he still doesn't have too distinct of features, but everytime i glance at him i see chris. anyway, glad ya'll are doing well!!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

I love him and want to eat him. Hmmm...I guess I'm starving and exhausted too!
You're going to do this two-kid thing smashingly!

emilie s. d. p. said...

I still can't believe you have too kids, it's crazy....but wonderful. I'm sure you'll do great having them both - you're a natural.
He's adorable, I hope I get to meet him sometime before he gets too big.

Kristyn Elise said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you're surviving. I remember when my mom left me after having my babies. I cried for hours thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it.
Keep surviving!

Kelly said...

i heard a rumor you were sling shopping, well stop cause one is on the way!