Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Official

We want to officially announce what most of you have already heard. We bought a house! Finally after all the years of renting we are going to have our own place and feel like real people. Some of you say "wow, that was quick". Actually I've been looking at houses for several months now, just seeing what's out there, doing my research, etc. so when we went out to look at houses with our realtor it didn't take long to recognize the one we wanted. I've attached pics to share. Obviously that's not our furniture in the pics., but it gives you a good idea of what it looks like. We love the room colors already so for the most part we won't be changing very much.

The house is located in the Frisco 4th ward, for those of you who were wondering. We are sad to leave our current ward, but we decided that since this is a long-term commitment we couldn't just think about what our ward is like now, since wards split/people move anyway. We are still close to all of our friends here, so it's not like we're going anywhere!

We don't close until August, so we've got a couple of months to wait, but we are super excited.















(I, Sarah, just want to add that I am the most excited about the kitchen!!! Considering the fact that our first kitchen didn't even have a kitchen counter and our current kitchen only has 3 drawers--all of which are only about 6 inches wide--I'm very excited to have a large, functional kitchen. Maybe now I can learn to cook better:)

14 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Congratulations!!! That is SO, SO exciting and the home is beautiful. I definitely agree that you and Chris have earned it! Maybe now I can come stay in your guest room?!?!?

Nicole said...

Yea!! That is SO exciting! I can't wait for that day myself!! The kitchen is GREAT! You are right...wymount kitchens are not big enough to do a lot.

Amy said...

wow Sara!! That is a fancy house!!! Congrats..its beautiful!! Very exciting!

Malerie said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome and I am so jealous! That kitchen looks amazing. It will be nice to have payments actually go towards the place you are living in :) Have fun decorating and making the place yours!

Jenny said...

Good for you guys!! Your house is gorgeous! We are so very happy for you... and a wee bit envious. To think, we will not own a home for at least another five years. Wow. Can I live vicariously through you? :)... or maybe we should just skip out on residency and move to Texas. Good idea? p.s. your kids are adorable!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I lu-lu-luv your new house, You know we will be over there all the time enjoying that back yard.... Backyard=minimal supervision required for the kiddos! Who knows where we will end up but we sure like having y'all so close!

Sarah said...

Sarah it's so beautiful! I'm incredibly jealous ... hopefully someday soon for us! I'm so excited for you ... congratulations!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

I'm so completely jealous! It is beautiful. We need to come visit you and see it in person. I'm still trying to convince Todd that Dallas is where we should be...The kitchen is AMAZING and so is every other part of the house. Good pick. :)

Kylee said...

Congratulations! That is a HUGE, BEAUTIFUL house! You will definitely love the kitchen. We were looking at some houses that had smaller kitchens than what we have now, and I am SO grateful we got this one with the big kitchen and nice appliances. Congrats, once again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, We will miss you in the ward, but we are also very excited for. Triston said he can't wieght to go to Madison's house to play. P.S. I FINALLY have done some updating to my blog. Pretty boring stuff but check it out.

Kelly said...

ahhhh! it's gorgeous! I love it!

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

This house is Gorgeous!!!!I am so excited for you to have that kitchen. And I love the front and back yards. It is perfect-Congratulations!!!

Heidi said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! The house looks beautiful. I love the colors on the walls and the kitchen is super big. :) Heidi

Lauralee Altice said...

That is so awesome! I love the house! Dean and I are looking for a house right now too but houses in Utah are so expensive! I am jealous of the kitchen you are getting! Congrats!