Monday, June 09, 2008

Random thoughts about my 2 kids



1) I love not being pregnant. I mean I'm absolutely positively thrilled that I'm not pregnant anymore. Who cares that I've got a bunch of weight to lose. I can bend at the waist and twist from side to side. No one is kicking my organs non-stop, and I'm probably waking up less during the night because I don't have to pee so much anymore (not that my quantity of sleep is getting any larger, but I do wake up less frequently). Not to mention no more heartburn, and suddenly everything smells really, really good. Here I was thinking that the whole world had just kind of starting smelling bad :)




2) I love having 2 kids at different stages in life. I love that Madison is super cute and absolutely hilarious and that Jax is so sweet and little and cuddly. I get the best of both worlds: entertainment and snuggles.





3) I'm relieved that Madison loves Jax so much! I was afraid she wouldn't like him, but she is very interested in everything he does and wants to share everything she does with him. She wants him to swim with her and eat with her and play with all of her toys. I'm surprised at how much she understands how to play with him. The other day out of the blue she just started doing "little pigs" on his toes! So cute!

4) I'm thankful that my mom is here. There's nothing like having a mom to help out with the baby. Last night she was up with him for almost 3 hours when he decided that 1 a.m. was a good time to play! What would I do without her? I really have no idea.

5) Most of all I feel blessed that I get to be a mother and that I have a supportive husband and 2 wonderful children. Sometimes I'm completely overwhelmed with the idea of raising these kids (especially when my mom leaves), but I wouldn't give up the chance for anything!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, LOVE the pictures. your Jax is SO freaking cute. and Madison is FREAKING cute too. so, i was wondering if you wanted to train with me for this marathon i'm running, you don't have to actually run it if you don't want to, just thought it'd be more motivating to lose your baby weight with someone who still has hers too, haha, i'm sure you're itching to get back into shape. let me know! it's in december, so we've got time. :)

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

He is SOOOOO cute! I want to see him! You and Chris make the cutest babies. And no more bragging about not being pregnant...I still have two more months! Sounds so short and long at the same time. Next time we visit my house in OK we are seeing you guys. No excuses.

Kylee said...

Congratulations guys! He is precious and so little! It is hard to believe that Madison and Caden were that little at one point. I kept trying to check your Mac Blog, but had no success. Thanks for letting me know you are using this one again! We are so happy for you guys. Madison is such a cute big sister!

Kelly said...

yeah! I've been wondering where/how the baby is!!!!! Yippy! He Is So CUTE!!! I'm glad everything is going well! Yeah for not being prego anymore!! Can't wait to see you all in person!

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so glad you left a note on our blog, because I havne't been making the blog rounds lately. We're so happy for all of you and your growing family. Jax is darling... and what a cute name! Can't wait to meet the little man in a year! :)

Lauralee Altice said...

Congrats! I can know how you feel with the relieve of no longer having a huge stomach and having the ability to roll over again and all that goes with it!

Bassetts said...

So can you say Chris Jr? What a cutie! Congrats on round 2! I'm so excited that we have kids the same exact age now! Woohoo!

Jill and Ryan said...

Congrats. I love the name Jaxon. That is so unique. I am glad that you are happy not being prego either. I am now embarking down that long road of pregnancy and I am a bit scared. Hopefully it will not be as bad as some people make it seem. :) Can't wait to see the new baby.

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

He is absolutely adorable! Congrats!

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Congratulations!!! He is so darling, and I love that name. I also love the pics of Jax and Madison together-how fun for her to have a little brother! We miss you guys!

emilie s. d. p. said...

What a doll he is!
I'm glad you don't have to be pregnant anymore either. Although I think you were a really cute pregnant lady.
I love the pictures of him and Madison together. I can imagine it's really fun to have them both and such different stages in life.