Thursday, October 09, 2008

Goals





Well I'm in Kansas right now visiting my parents and I must say it's been so nice to have people around all day (not that my kids aren't people, I just mean adult people). I've gotten to take some killer naps and spend some time with my mom, dad and brother!

I've also had some time to think about what I want to accomplish this fall. It's been such a project having Jaxon, buying a house, packing, and moving that I feel like it's been too long since I did any crafty, fun things. I also feel like I haven't been thinking about some other areas of life that I need attention (like oh, buying another pair of jeans since I only have 1 pair, and starting food storage for real).

Anyway, so I'm going to write some goals for everyone to see (while I'm nice and rested and motivated!) Hopefully publicly displaying these will actually help me to succeed.

1) Lose those last 7 lbs. by Christmas. I think that maybe if I stop making brownies every night that might do the trick (hmmm).

2) Sew curtains for Jaxon's room and Madison's room. First I will have to get my sewing machine fixed, so that is top priority.

3) Start food storage. I've started getting pretty into coupons, which should help. I feel like a nerd sometimes because I get really excited when I save a lot of money and then I have to tell Chris about it. I mean c'mon who gets excited about sharing the details of their grocery shopping trips. To do this I will first need to figure out exactly how much food storage we need.

4) Plan and go on a family outing at least once every other week. We don't get many Saturdays with Chris, but he should have a few home these next couple of months and with the weather being nice I want to go do some fun things : pumpkin patch, Canton, the zoo.

5) Buy myself another pair of jeans. This may seem like a funny thing to post on a blog as a goal, but I hate, hate, HATE jean shopping. I'm right in between being a regular and a tall, plus I don't like jeans that fall off when I bend over. Jean shopping could be a Saturday activity in and of itself.

6) Go to the temple once a month by myself. I really want to start doing this. I know if I make the time I can go alone during the day as well as with Chris at night once a month. I really have no excuse not to go, except that I feel bad leaving my kids with someone, anyone want to trade :)

I know I'll think of more. I had a lot of thoughts in my head, but they just aren't coming out right now. Pretty much I just want to get back into the swing of things. I feel like these last 4 months since the Jax man came have been waaaay to crazy. Weeks go by and I can't figure out what I've done besides clean, cook, and change diapers. Not that those are bad things, but I know I can do more.

12 comments:

Christina said...

Good goals! You can ALWAYS tell me the details of your grocery trips, and I will expect to hear the percentages you saved and everything. Let's definitely trade for temple trips. I love to babysit when people go to the temple (since I get blessings too:)

Anonymous said...

alright. we have GOT to get together as soon as you get back. for starters, i've been looking for a way to get to Canton because everybody has gone and i haven't. we HAVE to go. second, i've been working on a food storage planner and would love to share in this daunting task with someone who is just starting out too. third, i just started my curtains as well- kids play, we sew.
i HATE jean shopping. it's the WORST. and the ones we always want are 500 bucks! LAME.
DANG CUTE KID PICS. i miss being in the same ward.

Rachel Mohat said...

Those pictures are adorable!

Nicole said...

Look how cute Madison is! She is growing up SO fast!

Kylee said...

I know all about the jean shopping. That is the worst. About food storage, I have the calling as the food storage specialist (which is hilarious because I knew nothing before then), and I have put together all sorts of info. If you are interested, let me know. Maddie looks SO grown up! She is so cute!

Kristie said...

Hi Sara--

This is Kristie Clark (former owner of your house). I googled your name and this came up. Totally not trying to stalk you, but I accidentally forgot to change my paypal address and I have a package that is going to be delivered to your house. Could you email me, please? Thanks!

Kristie
robnkristie@sbcglobal.net

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

I'm going home to kansas next week and i can't wait to have adult conversations!!!! It's so nice to have real people to talk to. :) Good for you for making a list of things to do. I should do that myself. The pictures of your adorable kids are just darling. I can't believe your daughter is so big ... really, i can't believe we're old enough to be married and have kids. I feel like we should still be running around at girls camp or something!

Jeni said...

you can borrow my machine from 1960 if you want!! good goals though. I am copying! LOVE the pics

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!!! Madison is getting SO big!

Anonymous said...

your kids are THE CUTEST children I have EVER seen in my entire life!!!!!
I cannot wait to see you guys over Christmas! This is officially the longest I have ever gone without seeing my big sister and I am DEFINITELY not a fan!
love you! :o)

emilie s. d. p. said...

First of all, you and Chris have made some good looking kids! I love the pictures. Madison's dress is adorable.
That's a nice list too. I think I need to make one for myself. Sometimes I find myself looking back over the week and realize I did nothing but just hang out with Mitch and that I didn't really get anything done. Even though that's fun I just wish I would have accomplished more. Your list also made me want to make a pan of brownies tonight :o)
Good luck on getting started with your goals!

Leia said...

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. We really need to catch up. If we didn't have time zones and the both of our crazy schedules to work around! Anyways, your kids are absolutely beautiful. I also don't know if you bought jeans yet, but if you go to Buckle (I know I'm biased) they do free alterations. So that way you can get them to be the perfect length. I also might have some clothes you can have too...