Sunday, October 26, 2008

And another week flies by....

Right now I feel like my life is flying past me and I'm running as fast as I can to keep up. I get up at the crack of dawn with the kids and fall asleep exhausted every night, but I still can't keep on top of everything.

And so it was this week. A lot of great things happened this week (cleaning the house was not among them, unfortunately:).

Our big girl, lovin' her outfit, I must say! She picked it herself.

First and most exciting: Madison has been potty training this week. I must say it has been so much easier than I thought it would be. I've heard horrible, horrible stories about the ordeal, but I must say that Madison picked it up very quickly. She went #2 on day 3 and as long as she's not wearing a pull-up she usually tells us when she has to go. Which means that I'm changing significantly fewer diapers. HURRAY!!!

On Thursday we took a trip to the pumpkin patch with Grandma, Aunt Cristina, Austin and Ethan.

Crazy Cousins



Cristina and I ran into some long lost relatives :)


That night I watched Chris's brother, Nathan, who is handicapped. He gets state funding for a caregiver, so they "hired" me to watch him occasionally. Pretty much I just get paid to go over and hang out. It's a great job and the kids love their uncle Nathan.


Hanging out with Uncle Nathan

Last night we crashed our old ward's trunk-or-treat! It was fun to be back with people we actually know. Madison was an adorable fairy princess and Jax was a cute little frog. Maddie got way more candy than she needs, so Chris and I have been helping her out a little bit. Yay for free candy!!

Two cute boys.


I love my kids. They hate pictures.


Madison and Austin. Cristina made the whole family super cute pirate costumes!


Me and my frog. Yes, I did dye my hair. No I didn't dye it black for Halloween on purpose. I was reading while it was developing and I lost track of time, so it turned out a little darker than I had planned.


My fairy princess with her loot!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Ya, so, I am totally NOT loving me in the background of your pix. I'm SURE you didn't mean to put such a ugly pix. of me on your blog. So I'll let it slide this time. Just watch out next time you see me with my camera. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh BTW, I LOVE all your other pixs. :)

Jeni said...

yeah for madi and potty training!!! and from here it gets better day by day! and your hair is darling!

Malerie said...

Darling Pictures! Hey I was going to call you back the other night after I put Madeline to bed, but I suddenly got confused at what time it was at your place and I was afraid it was too late. Can you clarify the time difference :) Maybe we should just set a date and time so we can chat!

Amanda said...

I can so relate to the weeks flying by!

Amanda said...

So cute! I can't believe how fast they are growing up!!! Your little boy is so big!
Elliott was Napoleon Dynamite at our wards trunker treat.... he won a prize! (the missionaries from Idaho were the judges haha)

emilie s. d. p. said...

Those costumes are adorable. I love Madison's wings! If I was a little girl I would want that costume.
Way to go on potty training. Good Job for Maddie.

P.S. I really like how dark your hair is.

Annie said...

The kids are just getting cuter! That sounds like so much fun, I miss doing Trunk-or-Treats. Is that Austin's old frog costume perhaps? Haha :). I love your hair, you are just so beautiful!

Julianne said...

Wow! What a cute family! I love seeing them in their costumes. I have loved browsing your blog tonight and getting a little update on you guys. We'll have to talk soon...

Good job on the potty training! That's got to feel good.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Great pictures. Arent the kids dolls!? Your hair looks awesome, by the way! I think I wanna copy you and go even darker! im araid tho.