I've decided recently that there are certain things about my life that just scream "I'm a MOM". It's because of these things that I have realized how completely immersed in motherhood I am.
I know that I truly am a mom because:
1) Chris asked me the other day if I had heard a certain commercial on the radio. My answer was "no." Of course I haven't they don't play "Called to Serve" on the radio and so I don't listen to the radio. "Called to Serve" is Madison's favorite song. She knows the whole thing and if I don't let her listen to it in the car she throws a big fit.
2) I have spent the last 3 days saying, "Madison, do you need to go potty?" I didn't know it was possible to repeat the same phrase so many times in one day.
3) In my attempts to be a good mother and homemaker I have started doing everything I can to save a little money here and there. Because of this I have started to look for savings in everything. I caught myself once wondering if I could find a coupon for tithing (not because I don't want to pay it, it was just habit). I was also thinking the other day that I would like to get some hand-me-downs for myself. Why do the kids get all the cute clothes? So if any of you out grow your old clothes, I'll be happy to take them :)
4) I don't know how to eat a meal alone anymore. I used to get really bugged when I couldn't just sit down and eat, but now I'm used to cold food and getting up multiple times during a meal to comfort the baby or clean up poop (eew.)
5) My hair is falling out. This is a direct result of having a kid. It happened with Madison, too. I hate it. It's yucky. I think I'm going to have to buy a hat to wear for the next few months until my hormornes get back to normal. (Are hormones ever really normal, though?)
6) I spent the afternoon sewing sparkling butterflies onto a tutu, tiara, wand, and wings for my little fairy princess.
7) I spent the whole morning watching Jaxon try to get his toes into his mouth. He's going to do it someday. I can see the determination in his eyes. Those wiggly things on the end of his feet are going to end up in his mouth.
8) Last night was the first night in at least a month, probably longer, but everything's kind of hazy, that I got 8 consecutive hours of sleep. I've been waking up with the kids 2-3 times a night for weeks. I feel like a million bucks today. No wonder I used to be able to focus and get so much done. It was because I used to get sleep.
9) Most of all, though, I know I'm a mom because nothing makes me happier than seeing my kids happy and watching them learn. It's hard to describe that automatic, unconditional love you have for your kids, but it's what makes it all worth it!
7 comments:
You must be a mom, but you must be a great mom. I love to read about all the fun things you do with your kids and for them. More power to you!
Such a sweet post:) I can relate to a lot of it:)
The worst part about having a baby for me was the hair falling out. It lasted like the first 6 months, too. I HATED it!!! Weird.... I think you're a great mom. I just wish we could get together and chat and let our kids play. Maybe someday...
so are you potty tgraining then? how is it going? call me for moral support or tips. let me think if there are any off the top of my head....just keep doing it. I put nat in panties from day one and the first 2 days we just sat in front of the TV and went every 15 minutes to the potty. She drank of TON of juice and by day 5 I would say she was doing awesome. after 8/9 days I was ready to ACTUALLY take her out in public. it was a process but SO worth it now! We still have accidents here and there but still much better than before. You just get to learn their peepee dance or touching themselves you know? really you are the one trained for a while, not so much madi!
well lucky for us, being a momma is so great! The kids are adorable and I LOVE them, they are so smart!
Ohhhhh did Jaxon get a boobie on his face?
Love, Mom, Dad & Seth
Love it!!! I might have to copy you and do my own "I must be a mom", well at least list the reasons it is obvious I am a mother. Great job!
I loved reading this post! You're such a cute mom.
I wish you lived closer and then I could give you my clothes. I've decided to only allot myself a certain number of shirts at a time because I only have a certain number of hangers that fit in my closet and so after I do the laundry if they don't all fit I have to give some away. It's kind of pathetic but it helps me not be wasteful, I hate having tons of clothes that I never even wear.
Post a Comment