Sunday, March 15, 2009

An almost perfect day

Today was just a really great day.  It may not sound exciting to most people, but today was a wonderful, relaxing, family sabbath day.

- The kids woke up at 8.
- They both had fun in the bath together.
- We had breakfast together and everyone was happy.  Madison actually ATE her whole breakfast, which never happens.
- Jax and I stayed home from church because the poor guy is sick.  I'm not happy that he's sick, but he was so sweet and cuddly and I loved just sitting and rocking him.  I missed going to church, but it was really nice to stay home and relax and love my little man.
- Dinner turned out great!  I made french bread for the first time and it was so good that Chris insisted on eating as soon as he got home from church at 2.  He ate the WHOLE loaf of bread today!  
- The kids both had a good rest time, which means I got to relax and read and talk to Chris.
- Madison and I did some great finger painting.  We laughed the whole time!
- The weather was beautiful and we went to the park to "throw rocks in the water, look at the cows, and play on the castle." 
- Our neighbors came over for dessert: brownie cake filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream and frosted with mint icing.  MMMM!
- Chris and I played a game together tonight, which was so funny (The Office Trivia, gotta love it)! We usually just sit around on Sunday nights, so it was fun to actually DO something (and I won, which makes it even better). 

The only bad part of today is that I can't find the cord to plug in my camera to get pictures onto the computer, so hopefully I can find it tomorrow.




3 comments:

Malerie said...

I love perfect days when you just feel happy and life is good. (besides being sick...poor guy. We were all home today recovering from the flu) Too bad we don't live near to enjoy dessert and games with you.

P.S. what ever happened to your SD trip?

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Sorry Jax is sick, I'm feeling ya over hear, Ethan had a terribble night last night and his nose won't stop running. Thank you for helping Mom watch the kids this week, Austin loved it! We should get our families together next week.

Anonymous said...

OK time for pictures now please!! :) I'll send you pictures of me and my family if you put up pictures of yours!! (granted mine are a bunch of 22 year old guys... ) but they are cute!