Monday, March 02, 2009

Kansas



It is FREEZING up here right now. Oh my gosh. I am such a spoiled TX girl now. I mean I grew up here and I went to college in Utah, but I cannot handle the cold anymore. I went running today. I was dumb and I wore shorts thinking that I would get too hot in pants when I got all steamed up. I did 3 miles, and I don't even know if I broke a sweat.

Anyway, it's supposed to warm up here later this week. It snowed Saturday and Thursday it's supposed to be 70. Typical.

Aside from the weather we're having a great time with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Seth. The kids are loving the attention and I'm loving them getting all that attention. It's so nice to have someone else cook dinner and to have someone to eat dinner with every night.


Obviously Madison is a little confused with the constant climate changes. In Dallas we need sunglasses, here we need a hat. I guess she wanted to cover her bases.

I love my kids in winter hats, especially Jax's!


Grandpa promised Madi a ride on the "diary-go-round" as she calls it. She got 4! Lucky girl.

Jaxon is all smiles all the time!

So I tried a new recipe the other night: brownie cake with raspberry sherbert filling. Can we say fa-bu-lous! Oh man! It's a good thing we have to keep it in the freezer so we don't pick at it all day!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

ooh, girl you better send me that recipe ASAP!!!! you are missed, come HOME!!!!

Kelly said...

I'm with you on the climate control...my Idaho blood has run out and I'm a TX girl! yummy looking cake...don't give me the recipe...or my freezer would be open all day!

Heather Lynn said...

Looks like your having fun! It's so nice to have the flexability of the Pre-school years. Once their in school you really can't just up and go like that. Well If you homeschool you can. :) Anyways Enjoy It!

Anonymous said...

Umm, hello! Please post that recipe for the cake on here! That looks dee.vine!!!

Anonymous said...

The are SO CUTE!!!!!
oh my gosh. I love them.
I cannot WAIT to see you all in only about a month and a half!!! :o)
I love that Madison and I can talk on the phone now, so fun. And Jax's teeth! Impressive :) He's gonna be a heartbreaker!

Jenny said...

You know, I'm not a huge fan of cake. But that cake looks divine! Yum! Family time is the greatest. I'm glad you're getting some time to relax and enjoy. And I have to say, I'm kind of envious of the cold weather. San Francisco winters just aren't wintery enough for me. :) Have fun!... and a safe trip home.

Abby said...

that cake looks awesome! i want it!