CRAZINESS, yes, that's pretty much the word to describe our lives these last few days. All it took was 10 days out of town for me to realize how much I really do every day. I haven't sat down since I got back in town Friday night at midnight. We've had birthday parties, family dinner, church, a doctor's appointment, playgroup, visiting teaching, dinner with old friends, a baby shower, an enrichment board meeting, trips to the gym, a sewing date, an opportunity to help the missionaries with an investigator and play dates, not to mention the normal cooking, cleaning, and general childcare. And people wonder what stay-at-home moms do all day.
Here are a few tidbits to share:
- Jax had his 9-month appointment Tuesday. He's 35 th percentile on weight, 85th percentile on height.
- Madison calls every meal lunch so in an attempt to help her differentiate I asked her this morning, " In the morning we have breakfast, in the afternoon we have lunch, what do we have at night?" Her reply, "candy". So there you have it, at our house we eat 3 meals, breakfast, lunch, and candy.
- I went upstairs the other day to get a hairbrush for Madi. I came back down literally 1 minute later and Jax was half-way up the stairs. I didn't even know he could climb stairs. That's kind of how he's been with all of his developmental stages. He just waits and waits and waits and then all of a sudden one day he does it perfectly. I never even see him "practicing."
- I'm running a 10K next month. Wish me luck. My goal is to finish, just to finish, okay not really, my goal is to RUN the whole thing, no walking. I've been trying to run a lot more these last couple of weeks and really put in the miles. We'll see how that goes.
- I can't wait for busy season to get over. I know Chris always works a lot. And honestly, I'm so glad he just has a job and that I can stay home with the kids, but busy season is so lame. Chris has been working about 75 hours a week and taking time out to go to the chiropractor for his back, so really he's been out about 80 hours a week. Yucky.
- I'm addicted to making bags. I can't stay away from Hobby Lobby and I can't help buying cute fabric to make bags. Problem is I already have 2 and that's plenty. So, if anyone wants one I'll make ya one.
- I have not cooked dinner in ages. I've been out of town and Chris has been working late and so I have gotten out of the habit of making dinner every night. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I miss it. I miss making a good meal and then having good left overs for lunch the next day!
- Madison is silly. She sings and dances about EVERYTHING. It's like living life in a musical. We sing about dinner, about going potty, about daddy coming home, whatever she comes up with that's what she sings about. Not to mention the fact that she never stops talking. EVER! She just asks me questions all day long until my head hurts. And she repeats the same questions a million times a day.
- I can't believe I don't have any good pictures to post. (Don't get mad Danielle.) I'll post some soon!
8 comments:
Wow you guys have been busy!! Are you running in the Playtri 10K in Irving? I'm doing that race, it's at the end of next month. Maybe we could go running together sometime. I'm totally jealous of your sweet sewing skills. I am very limited in that area!
lots of good stuff, best...your race! Good luck!
wow you have been busy!! If you want to make me a bag you can!! :) But only if you want to...
Your kids are adorable...we miss seeing you at family dinners!
Amy
Oh my gosh, I love making bags too thanks to you, natalie calls every meal dinner, I also am running the 10k and I do not ever cook dinner.
I mean I'm a little mad.
And I feel like slogging is a dirty word for British people. haha.
When is the 10K? could I make it in time to run it with you??
I'm jealous that you are doing a 10k! That is so awesome! I'm sure you will finish and run the whole way. How fun! :)Heidi
i'm so jealous i can't run with you guys! it's killing me- arrrgh!
I love this post! I'm pretty sure we have those same 3 meals a day! I want to learn how to make a bag, so since you have nothing going on ;) lets make one sometime! I'm so glad you're back!
Post a Comment