Yes, that's right, this blog entry is entitled FAMILY fun because this weekend we finally had 3 full days of Chris being home with us. Poor guy hasn't taken a single day off for nearly 3 weeks (yes, that includes Sundays), so this weekend for Good Friday and Easter he finally got to stay home with the family! YAY!
We tried to take full advantage of the time together. So, Friday we took the kids to the zoo. They loved it!
Melvin the Giraffe.
Alligator!
Sunday we had the whole Texas Wise family over for Easter Dinner. All of the kids looked pretty sharp in their Easter outfits!
They obviously did not want to pose for a picture, though.
A shot of the whole family, since we rarely have someone to take a picture of all of us together. We used to coordinate, but Jax wet through his diaper at church today, so my shirt was dirty. Figures.
Sean and the babies!
Easter egg hunt in the back yard. Madison was totally oblivious to the egg that is right above her head. I had to practically pick it up for her! Ausin and Madison got so many eggs that they could hardly pick up their baskets.
I have been waiting forever to get these 2 coordinating Easter outfits! I love them.
And they love each other!
It really was a pretty great weekend. And I realized, once again, that life is a LOT easier when there are 2 parents around. It doesn't look like Chris's schedule will be easing up any time soon, so we're just bracing ourselves for the next onslaught. He's got the CPA at the end of May, so any free time that he can find will be used studying.
I'm just holding out for April 24 when my sister comes to visit for 3 weeks! I can't wait!

9 comments:
the kids look so cute sarah! and lets zoo it up this week!
I can't believe how big Jaxson is! He looks so grown up. I love the Easter outfits too, Madison's dress is so pretty.
I am SO glad you got to spend some time together with Chris. Busy season/accounting is so fun, right? :) How many tests does he have left for the CPA? Your kids are getting so big!!
ohhhh that must've been SOO nice to have him home for several days!!! I didn't realize he's working SUNDAYS too! That sucks. The kids look so cute.. and Jax looks tan! and BIG! I haven't seen that boy for ever. Whenever we are over there, it's at night so he's sleeping.. plus we aren't over there very often. I actually was thinking about you guys this weekend thinking we haven't seen you forever and need to hang out.. but since Chris is so busy, I'm not sure you are even hanging out with ANYONE huh? Well that'll be so FUN when your sis comes for 3 weeks!! WOw!
SARAH Jaxon is so big!!!! they are so cute!! and you too :) I like your brown pants... I've been looking for some, but I'm muyyy pobre!! And I hear you- knowing I'm coming in like 2 weeks (less) is making finals OK!!!!! I cannot wait to see my best sister!!!!! :)
oh and- is that the dress you made Madison? SO cute!! you are so good!! Stephanie says your family is very cute. I agree wholeheartedly :)
Your family is the cutest:) I was just looking back at our pictures from the marriage retreat in Aspen Grove! That was so much fun:) We miss you guys!
OOOH Sarah I cannot WAIT to see you in a few days!!! :)
What a fun weekend! Your kids are growing up so fast! So darling especially in their easter outfits. Miss you guys
Post a Comment