Friday, April 03, 2009

It's Friday night and I ain't got nobody...

Well,  it's 12:17 a.m. Saturday morning and Chris is still at work.  Sigh.  I feel so bad for him that he has to work this much.  Tonight was supposed to be date night.  So, I took myself out on a date while Chris worked.  I went and ate dinner with Chris, then I did a little shopping.  Afterwards, I picked up the kids from our babysitting swap, put them to bed, made some apple muffins, cleaned the kitchen, read my scriptures, and started sewing another bag.  Then I remembered that I had fabric to make Madison a dress, so I decided to make her a dress for the Easter egg hunt tomorrow.  Now it's past midnight, Chris still isn't home, but Madison's dress is finished.  

Sigh again.  Even though I got a lot done tonight, I would still much rather have seen Chris.  Oh well, such is the life of an accountant's wife during busy season.  My ray of hope: April 15 is only 11 days away.  I've made it the last 3 months with Chris working an average of about 70 hours a week.  I think I can make it a few more days.  


9 comments:

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Hang in there, girl! It's almost over!!

Jeni said...

boya for busy season almost done!
and we should have made it a girls night out or something! Next time. BTW, play date?

Erin said...

That really stinks . . . I remember when those days were the norm. My house was a lot cleaner, I made tons of crafts, I had time to read, and do really whatever I wanted in the evening. It still wasn't as nice as having a husband at home in the evening. I'm glad it's almost over for you!

Malerie said...

I can definitely relate. Hang in there!

emilie s. d. p. said...

Man, that is crazy that he has such late hours. I'm glad that busy season is almost over and you'll get to see him more.
You had a very productive date with yourself though, I'm definitely impressed with all you got done! Can we see a picture of Madison in her cute new dress?

Rachel Mohat said...

Poor Chris that is a TON of work. Man I complain when I have to work even a little over my 40 hours. I hate having to work that long I don't know how he does it. Hopefully it will slow down after April 15th!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Does his busy season really end on April 15? I'm hoping Chase's is over by the middle/end of May:) He has worked the last two Sundays! ARGH! Good for you for taking yourself on a date. That's the way it's done for the wives of accountants. When Chase was on the audit in Cisco for five weeks I hired a babysitter several times just so I could go do my own thing.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! My father in law is an accountant and I've seen the family whip into gear when it's April 1st. Good luck with everything. I'm impressed by the sewing- How fun for Madison!

Danielle said...

It's ok Sarah!!! In 2 weeks and 1 day I will get to play with you every day!!!!