- Today there was a bird in our house. I think that pretty much tops the list of random events! Yes, I came back from visiting with the neighbors outside and there was a bird flying around our front room. I felt so bad for the poor bird. I was also a little nervous, though, so I ran back outside and had our neighbor come and help me get the bird out. We ended up cornering it in the playroom. Our neighbor opened the window and popped out the screen. I caught the bird in a pillowcase and let it go out the window. So, very random that there was a bird in our house, but I must say I feel kind of cool for being able to catch it!
Poor little bird.
- Another piece of randomness: Chris is getting his wisdom teeth. I should say he's getting his wisdom tooth, since only one is growing in, but it's growing in completely sideways. He and Jaxon are teething together. (Maybe I should get Chris one of those teething rings.) When he left on his mission the dentist told him he'd never get wisdom teeth. Obviously, he was wrong! So, Chris is going to the dentist this week to see about getting his wisdom tooth removed. I got mine out when I was a teenager... I guess Chris is still growing up.
- We are currently recovering from an a snot attack. There's really no other way to describe what the last few days have been like. Both the kids have been oozing snot. Chris has been completely stuffed up. For me, it just went straight to an ear infection. It always does. No runny nose, not even a cough. I just go to bed and wake up with an ear infection. Poor miss Madi has an ear infection, too. I'm wondering if Jaxon did, but he's not snotty anymore, so I think he's over it. This is one of those times I wish I could just ask for a gallon of amoxicillin and give everyone a swig a couple of times a day. Madison thinks it's candy. No matter how much I try to explain that medicine is not candy she still begs for it all day. She even wants to suck on the syringe after I give her a dose so she can get every last drop out.
- My goal for this week is to go to the gym and go to the park as much as possible. We have been insanely busy around here, and I just don't feel like the kids and I are enjoying the spring as much as we could. So, I'm trying to hit the park every day for their sake and the gym every day for mine. We really just need to take it easy. I've had some sort of shower (baby or wedding) every week for the last 5 weeks. Four of these I was helping put on! Not to mention Enrichment events, Easter dinner (which was at our house), and everything else we've been doing. Anyway, this week calls for some serious relaxing! (Even though I have to plan Madi's birthday party this Saturday... hmmm maybe not too much relaxing!) We spent almost the whole day outside today and it great! My kids love being outside as much as I do.
- My sister is coming on Friday! I've already mentioned that, but I'm really, really excited. I've only seen her twice in the last year, and it's only been for 3-4 days both times!
- Today Madison looked down at the words on her shirt, and said, pointing to the letters that she could recognize from her upside down view "A, D, B, : shirt" (meaning the letters must spell shirt). I guess that would make sense if everything was labeled like that. It just made me laugh.
- Speaking of letters, I have found a couple of very useful teaching tools that I thought I'd pass along. First, the movie "The Letter Factory" by Leapfrog is very helpful in teaching children to recognize the letters and their sounds! I had a friend recommend it to me and I love it! Second, pbskids.org has some great letter/ letter sound recognition games. The "Super Why" link is right at Madison's level. I think the Princess Presto and Alpha Pig games are the best! Just thought I'd pass that information along.
7 comments:
We love Letter Factory! It is so great! Also, there is a magnet toy called Word Whammer that also teaches letter sounds, how to make words, etc. Also a great toy. Caden knows his letters and will spell weird things too. He will say "R,S,W..Mama!". So hilarious!
I hope you guys stay well:) L seems to have allergies now--so we can't really spend time outside unless I want to give him an attack:(
P loved Super Why show and games when he was younger also:) I miss those cute little shows!
I'll have to check out the letter factory. I second pbskids.org, though. We are big pbs lovers here and pbskids.org is the ONLY thing my kids are allowed to look at if I ever let them within 50 feet of my computer. Which is still quite rare. Cam is probably the only 5.5 year-old on the planet who doesn't know how to navigate the computer on his own. And I'm totally cool with that. But you're right. The Super Why link is the BEST!
I noticed you have the link for Walt and Lynsi's blog. So funny. Such a small world. I know Walt's brother and SIL from when we lived in Wymount and now they're in our ward. Funny funny...
p.s. I read the words "snot attack" and skipped to the next paragraph. I'm eating rice pudding as I'm reading. So...um, gross.
this entire post was what I needed to read tonight. you crack me up.
Yeah, one time I had a baby fox in our house, remember that?
Love, Mom
Yea, a bird flew into our class room a couple of weeks ago at school.. like literally into the door. It was a huge hawk. Anyway, for anyone else dealing with bird issues just make the room dark and then let the light shine through an open window and it will fly right out.
You are so darling, Sarah! We can't wait to see you guys in a coupel of months. Ryder LOVES both Letter Factory (and the other movies) and Super Why. Unfortunately, I think he knows the entire theme song to the Super Why show. But he does learn a whole lot from his time with Wyatt. :)
Post a Comment