Time for a funny blog to lighten the mood, put a smile on your face, and help me remember that my kids are really cute even when they're destroying my house and throwing tantrums about everything!
- Honestly, I can see why unrolling a whole role of trash bags could be kind of fun. They're so slippery and it's fun to watch them flip around as they unroll. (Notice the pile of diapers behind him. He's a busy little mess maker.)
- Madison now has a pretend mommy. The other day she said, "I have to go potty." I told her to go ahead and go. Then she looked at me and said," I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my pretend mommy." Now, she also has an imaginary sister and an imaginary friend. Those don't bother me as much since they're not replacing anyone, really. But c'mon, a pretend mommy?! Did I do something to deserve the boot?
- Obviously I HAVE done something terrible in Madison's eyes. Quite often actually. You see she has now started throwing massive tantrums any time I put her in time out. I don't even have to raise my voice. If I put her in time out she screams and screams. And she's not screaming because she's in time out. She's screaming because, "You was being mad at me. I don't wike it when you was mad at me. If you are mad at me I'm going to be mad at you." The other day Chris was sleeping and she started in on a tantrum. She was screaming like she was in pain. I was afraid Chris would think I had beat her or something. Which, I didn't.
- Jaxon dropped a 20 oz. bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper on my foot today at the store and split open my big toe. Yes, the plastic bottle drew blood. This is not the first time, however, that Jaxon has caused me intense pain. A few weeks ago we were at the pool and he head-butted me so hard that I got a fat lip and two canker sores. You wouldn't think a kid that size would be able to cause so much pain.

- I might have to stop calling Jaxon "fatty". It looks like he's going to pretty extreme measures to make his legs look longer and thinner. Sorry bud, but even mommy's high heels aren't going to thin those sausages out.
- Jaxon has decided that he is too cool to be spoon fed by me anymore. He WILL NOT eat from my spoon or fork. He will ONLY eat if he has put the food into his mouth himself. Even if I do manage to get food into his mouth he will spit it back out and then put it back in himself. So I've surrendered. I didn't really want him to feed himself with a spoon and fork yet, but I don't have much of a choice. I've been letting him use a fork the last couple of days and he's actually done pretty good.
- The other day I was doing my hair and Madison came into my bathroom to go potty. She got up on the toilet and said, "Mom, the bathroom is so beautiful." I had just cleaned the bathroom and I was kind of surprised that she noticed. Then she said, "Look mommy, my potty is green, it's so beautiful." At that point I realized that there was still toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet.
4 comments:
HA! Your posts always crack me up. The green potty is classic. Miles loves to look at the potty after I clean it because it's BLUE! Then add a little pee and voila! GREEN! It's magical:)
Ha ha...I love the toilet bowl story. That is so hilarious. I can definitely relate to a toddler screaming hysterically during time out and other times. I am just glad we don't live in Wymount anymore, or the whole ward would think I beat my child. I don't get it!
ha madi is so smart. I remember having imaginary friends and talking to them all the time. but i never made up a pretend mommy. Jax is a chunkster-a strong one at that to be able to lift up the soda bottle and head butt you. haha.
You have such funny stories about your kids. They are just too cute. Your bedroom paint looks great. I love that color.
Post a Comment