Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Thoughts on three kids...

So yes, our days of having only two children are numbered.  Sometime around August 23 or so we will be graced with the presence of yet another wacky munchkin in our home.

Honestly, who wouldn't want more children with results like these:




And they're so fashion forward :)



As I've lain on the couch the last few weeks ("morning sickness" as been hitting me around 5 p.m.) I've had quite a lot to think about:

- 3 kids seems like a lot more than 2
- I feel like I just had Jaxon.  When I got pregnant with Jaxon it felt like it had been a long time since I had been pregnant with Madison, but this time, I feel like I JUST did this.
- I can thankfully report that this pregnancy has been nowhere near as agonizingly, torturously horrible as my pregnancy with Jaxon.  I'm on meds. for heartburn, and I usually only feel sick at night.  I'm only throwing up a couple times a week.  I had braced myself for the worse and this hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
- I KNOW that it was time for us to have another baby.  I'm overwhelmed with the thought of having 3 kids because I can vividly remember how difficult it was to adjust to having 2, but there is not a doubt in my mind that it was time for our family to add another child.  I've never gotten pregnant so quickly and I've never stayed pregnant the "first time."
- I don't really care if I have a boy or a girl.  There are pros and cons to both, in my mind.  I am, however, thankful that I already have one of each so that I can say "I don't care either way."

Madison has had quite a lot to say about "her baby".
- She, of course, wants a sister so that they can play together.  She wants to name her Charlotte and share her room with the baby.
- She wants to know where in my tummy the baby is and why it makes me sick.  I overheard her tell one of her friends the other day, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy.  It makes her sick.  [my mom] always says 'no I can't play with you.  I'm sick.'  It makes me so mad."  Poor kid.  I guess some days I have been feeling pretty gross.
- She wants to know how the baby got in my tummy and how it will get out (I am NOT going to answer these questions truthfully.  I made the mistake of telling her what her nipples were for.  That has resulted in WAY too many embarrassing situations.  I just might have to lie this time to preserve all of us.)
- Mostly, though, Madi is very, very excited to have a new baby.

Jaxon, of course, is oblivious.  I'm sure Chris is excited.  I know he is, but right now he's very concentrated on busy season and his new calling as executive secretary in the ward.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! Congrats!

Anna@Exasperation said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! I know the feeling of "knowing" it was time. That was our situation for sure. All four times:)
I'm just starting to feel better, so I hope you get feeling better soon, too! Morning sickness (which I get the worst at night, too) is absolutely horrendous. It's like, "hey, thanks for listening to those promptings...here's some nausea for your troubles." One day I'm sure I'll understand why we get to go through all this:) Until then I just know that the monkey on the other end of it will be WORTH IT!
Yay! Congrats again!

Amanda said...

congrats! I am glad you are not too sick this time around!

Malerie said...

hooray! That is so exciting! Keep us posted on everything! :)

Abby said...

hahaha- funny about Madi knowing what nipples are for... I can only imagine how she has embarrassed you having that knowledge!!
Glad to know you're not so miserable this time around.

Jessica and Rod said...

Uh ... yeah ... over the Christmas break I went to a baby shower for one of my old high school friends. I had to bring Anna and Eve, and Anna graced them all with discussions about breast milk and how she feeds her babies breast milk. I don't ever really remember talking to her about breast feeding. ?!?! None the less ... very embarrassing.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

You crack me up, Sarah. That's what you get for having an incredibly preceptive little girl! but don't worry, today--Austin asked me if he could lift up my shirt and after asking him WHY? he answered.."because I want to drink milk from you" ......maybe Miss madi has been sharing her new wealth of knowledge..LOL!

Anonymous said...

Not everyone could pull off that outfit like Jaxon does. Love the pink shoes!

Love, Mom

p.s. our theory is the more you throw up the cuter the baby. You were exceptionally cute by the way!

Michael and Lia said...

Congratulations!!! I am glad we at least share the Coit building so I know I will at least be seeing you there! Give me a call or email one of these days and come over for lunch/playtime etc... Hope you feel much better soon!

Jeni said...

congrats sarah! so happy for you guys! sorry you feel nasty but so glad you are better this time around!!

Jessica and Rod said...

I'll race you. Whoever has their baby first wins! ;)

Jill said...

Congrats. We are so happy for you guys. Sometime I look at your life and wish that is where Ryan and I were. But we can't all get what we wish for. I am glad the pregnancy is going better. We wish you all the best.