Thursday, February 18, 2010

The good ol' days

I'm feeling pretty nostalgic today.  Nostalgic for an earlier time and a different place in my life: 7 weeks ago.  It may not have been very long ago, but I really miss those days.  Ahh those were the good ol' days:

The days when I spent more time vertical than horizontal,

when the bathrooms were clean, the closets were organized, and it didn't take me 3 days to get the laundry put away

Making dinner was a regular occurrence.

Dr. Pepper and chocolate were my best friends, not my worst enemies.

My clothes fit and I didn't have to use a rubber band to keep my pants up.

In those days I could go more than 2 days without puking.

My kids could expect fun activities and minimal TV everyday.

I willingly helped watch other people's children and I didn't have to turn down almost every invitation to a movie, baby shower, or fun night out.

I could stay up past 10 and I almost never watched TV.

But alas, those days are behind me and here I am trudging through morning sickness (which for me is usually night sickness).  Don't get me wrong I appreciate this little miracle that is wreaking havoc on pretty much every part of my body, but I can honestly say that being pregnant is just about my least favorite thing in the world (and that's putting it nicely).

7 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

Hang in there! If you need a break, call me, and your kids can come play.

Amanda said...

oh my:( I totally feel your pain. Sounds like my pregnancies:( Totally understand the Dr pepper & choc. thing too:( Sorry.....

Abby said...

Ohhhh Sarah! I hope it doesn't last forever! :)
But just think how CUTE the baby will be... you've already got 2 adorable kids, and each additional child seems to only get cuter. It's the season for being pregnant... everyone is prego! Sheesh!

Unknown said...

Just look at the bright side...pretty soon you won't remember how it is to be normal and your pregnant sickness will become the new norm. Then at like, I don't know, 15 weeks you all the sudden remember and all is well.:) Except for the fitting into your clothes part...:(
-joy

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oh Sarah! LAME! No advice, but I totally feel your pain:( FEEL BETTER SOON! And don't stress about the laying around watching TV. It sucks, but no major harm done, right?!

Eric and Kathleen said...

woof! I am right there with you! I hate how my house gets so so messy, and I get so frustrated that by the time I have the dishes loaded, I'm nautious and exhausted, and Avree has started a whole other disaster in another room. So excited to have our kids close together, though! Congrats

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

im sorry....Abby is right---it may seem never ending but it WILL end. I can't stand throwing up....so I just didnt eat anything the first 3 months with Ethan. just had heartburn the whole time! seems like I havent seen you guys in months...luv ya.