Monday, March 01, 2010

smorgasbord

 This post has no rhyme or reason or theme or anything.  Just a bunch of random thoughts, stories and pictures.

- So, so, so glad it's March.  I'm finally starting to feel much better.  My first trimester ended a week ago and I have high hopes for the future!  Also, maybe, just maybe, the weather here will finally improve, seriously, since when is winter supposed to be cold?  (at least in Dallas)

- Madison wants to name the baby Charlotte, if it's a girl.  If it's a boy, she wants to name him Uncle Steven.

- Jaxon's favorite sentence is "I frow (throw) it".  This applies to just about everything he is capable of lifting: food, toys, shoes, everything.


- Madison has never really liked eating sandwiches, until I started cutting them into the shape of hearts.  Now she will eat sandwiches. Go figure, I guess it IS all about the presentation. She still usually asks me to tear them into pieces.  Weirdo.

- When Madison was learning to talk she never really had any cute "made-up" words, and I always thought that was kind of sad.  Jaxon, however, has a couple that I love.  He calls his pajamas, or 'jamas, his "sam-ams".  He calls cereal "sis-eal".  And his word for trash? Well, just take of the "tr" and don't pronounce the "h" :) I won't even tell you how he says fork, just use your imagination.



- Jaxon is pretty much a mess magnet.  If he isn't throwing something, he's making messes some other way.  He absolutely loves to color, but I have to keep a close eye on him because it doesn't take long for him to start decorating himself.  And if I'm really not careful he bites the ends of the markers (good thing they're non-toxic).


- Kind of reminds me another little tattoo artist I once knew.

- When it comes to genetics I feel like I was blessed in many ways.  I have great eyesight, I've never had a cavity, and I have really good skin.  However, my immune system isn't super great.  I haven't ever been hospitalized for an illness or anything, but sometimes I feel like a 3-year-old.  In fact, I get sick more often than my 3-year-old.  Since the middle of December I have had 2 ear infections and the stomach flu.  This last weekend I had the stomach flu, and I threw up so hard that I bruised my ribs and popped blood vessels all over my face.  I looked like I had been in a fight.

- Busy season this year has been better than last year, so far, but the best is yet to come, I'm sure.  I have been very grateful to my wonderful husband who has been willing to take Madison with him to work on Saturday afternoons so that I can rest while Jaxon naps.

- Today I went to the gym for the first time in almost 2 months.  All the staff knows me, and they asked me where I'd been.  I told them that I was at home puking for the last 2 months because I'm pregnant.  The guys at the front desk then said, "so you're having another one, huh, what are you going to have like 10 kids?"  I guess it is logical to assume that if someone has more than 2 kids they must want at least 10... right?

- Speaking of the gym.  I'm so out of shape.  I only walked on the treadmill, but my legs are sore.  Obviously, I haven't been very active lately.  To make matters worse I can't take a deep breath because it makes my ribs hurt, and I can't lift weights for the same reason.  But I was there.  And that's what counts!


- I must say that I love the age that Jaxon is at right now.  He's so funny and he is still pretty good at doing what I want.  (Most of the time).  He's kind of starting to throw a few tantrums, hitting the wall, etc.  But the majority of the time he's a sweetheart, and I love the time I spend alone with him while Madi is at school.  (don't worry, I don't usually let him play with the blind chords).

-The other day we were driving in the car and Madison was peppering me with her usual endless list of questions.  I finally asked her why she asks so many questions and she told me "my voice just doesn't know how to stop."  This is very true.  Her voice does NOT know how to stop.  If she's not talking to us, she's talking to herself and her made-up entourage.

- When I was pregnant with Jaxon I got all of my maternity cap sleeve undershirts from Downeast Basics.  However, they no longer sell maternity undershirts.  So, I figured I'd try ModBe since I like their undershirts, too.  They went out of business.  Finally I tried Shade Clothing.  I was so disappointed.  Their undershirts are paper-thin and practically transparent.   If any of you ladies know of somewhere else that I can purchase decent maternity undershirts, please let me know!  I don't know what I'll do all summer without being able to wear an undershirt underneath tank tops and dresses!




5 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

The stomach flu on top of morning sickness. All I can say is I'm very sorry.
Try Apricot Apparel. They don't have maternity undershirts, but there normal tops stretch a ton. I was able to wear them throughout my pregnancies.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Modbe is out of business? Crap. I have a $25 credit with them...Or, I did.
ANyway, I'm glad you're starting to feel better! I've also been non-stop sick with colds/sinus crap since my morning sickness went away. So, you know, life is rad.
And I don't know what's UP with people? Of course if you're having a third you should have a 10th. Friggin' idiots.
Let me know if you find some good maternity shirts. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to transition to maternity stuff and I don't have any maternity undershirts either. I saw that DownEast stopped carrying maternity and it pissed me off! Grrr!!!

Brianne said...

Hahaha... yes, makes perfect sense that you must want 10 kids! Anyway, glad to hear you're starting to feel better. The 2nd trimester is the best- you actually have some energy and feel alive again! As far as pregnancy undershirts go... look into Half Tees. They only go half-way down so it doesn't matter how big or little your tummy is. Only down side is if you need something for length or to wear under something sheer. I think they'll be great for nursing too!

Danielle and Trev said...

HAHA... Trevor and I were cracking up about the sandwich thing. What a goof!

Anna@Exasperation said...

I was going to come back and tell you I remembered HALF TEES! Looks like Brianne beat me to it:) I was wearing a regular Shade shirt under a maxi dress the other day and kept having to pull it down and thought, "I wish that fabric wasn't there!" Then I remembered my friend telling me about half tees. I'll be getting seven of those, thank you very much!