I had my 18 week obgyn appointment this morning. Before I went Madison informed me, "If the baby is a girl, tell me. If it's a boy, don't tell me." She REALLY wants a sister. Well I didn't have an ultrasound scheduled for today so I figured I didn't have to worry about it. When I got to my appointment my OB asked me if I knew what I was having. I told her, "No, but I'm dying to find out." Much to my surprise she brought in the portable ultrasound machine right then and there "just to look for parts".
Which leads me to our big news (and my big surprise since I didn't think I'd find out today):
Baby Wise #3 is definitely, without a doubt, a BOY!!
When the OB told me I cried. She looked at me like I was crazy. I know she thought I was sad that it wasn't a girl because I had been telling her how much Madi wants a girl. But the truth is it's been a rough pregnancy. I'm still puking a couple times a week. And everything I eat gives me heartburn. I've gained a lot more weight than with my other 2 kids. (I'm not exaggerating. I already weigh as much as I did when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Jax because I have to eat every 2 hours to keep from feeling awful. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. I'll admit it. I do care how much weight I gain.) Chris has been working 6 days a week and he has meetings every Sunday morning, so he's not around much. And I just feel really overwhelmed at the idea of raising 3 kids. So when she told me that I'm having another boy it just made everything more real and more exciting because now I can plan and look forward to the future instead of feeling like I just have some awful disease that makes me feel like crap and get fat.
When I called Chris it took me about 5 minutes to convince his that I wasn't pulling an early April Fool's joke on him (we have a pretty long history of April Fool's joke in our family). He's excited for another little man around the house.
I was nervous to tell Madison, but she handled it well. She just said, "Why does Heavenly Father keep sending us boys?" She'll love another brother, though. And honestly, if Madison is the only girl we ever have, she's definitely enough girl for me!
And here are some Easter pics of the kiddos:
It's impossible to get them both to smile at once.
I wonder if we'll have another blondie?!
Like I said, plenty of girl for me!



14 comments:
Congrats! I am so excited for you! Your kids are adorable as well!
As much as people like me say don't worry about your weight, I know you will, but like I said on Saturday, you look great!
Congrats on the boy and love the pics of your kids in blue---how appropriate!
Congrats on another boy! Two boys together are awesome!! I cannot believe how grown up your older two are! Time sure does fly by. Good luck making it through the rest of "busy" season.
Woohoo... I'm happy to welcome you to the back-to-back boys club! It gets a little crazy, but it's also tons of fun. What a fun surprise...congrats!
What a surprise to find out when you were not expecting it! How fun:) Jax and his little Bro. will have all kinds of boy fun!!!!
oh..and the weight...try not to worry. I had to eat every 2 hours like you and I gain around 50 each pregnancy. Really....what does worrying do?
Yay! That is so funny about Heavenly Father sending you so many boys!
And I totally understand about the weight thing. I think one of the hardest thing about being pregnant is mentally getting over gaining weight. It's so hard.
Also, I think next time I'm not even going to find out what I'm having. It took me awhile to not be freaking out about having two kids. Finding out the gender makes it all way too real. Plus, I'll probably have a boy next time to, so there is no reason to know! Hope you feel better soon. :)
I seriously can't talk in specifics about weight anymore. I KNOW going into every pregnancy that I'm going to be deformed by the end of it...but it sucks EVERY. TIME.
So I totally get you there:)
And YAY for boys!!!! Seriously, boys need brothers. They just DO. You will adore watching them play together. It's intense and amazing ... and a little infuriating sometimes:)
Congrats! Great news!
Congrats on another boy! What time where you at the Dr. today? My appt. was at 11:45 and when I was there Dr Wellborn was asking for the ultrasound machine to be wheeled into the room next to mine. Maybe that was you!
Are you coming to our playgroup on Wed.? Would love to visit. :)
Congrats on the boy! How exciting! He will probably be a blondie, but he will for sure be a cute kid! I hope you get feeling better soon!
Yeah! That's a great early surprise! How fun for Jaxon to have a pal to hang out with. Congrats!
love the kid's Easter outfits! They're so adorable.
And congrats on the boy! Yay for boys!
awe, boys! they are the loves of my life. Jax will have a little brother to beat up.
Oh, I am so excited for you!!! I hope this little guy is as easy going as Jaxon! And I bet you look beautiful :)
Post a Comment