Sunday, March 14, 2010

Some people will do anything to get out of speaking in church...

I mentioned in my previous post that I was assigned to speak in church today.   Well, it didn't happen.  My talk was given (thanks Haley) but I did not deliver it.  Where was I?  How did I manage to put off the dreaded event for a few more weeks?

Well, this morning (while Chris was gone, of course) I was getting the kids out of the bath tub and Jaxon slipped and hit his chin on the side of the tub.  So I had two soaking wet kids to wrestle into clothing and a bleeding chin to doctor.  Thankfully, the bleeding wasn't too bad so a couple of bandaids helped protect it until Chris got home from meetings.  After verifying with our neighbor, nurse Kelly, that it was necessary to take Jaxon in to get his chin examined, we dropped Madison off with some friends (thanks for that, too, Haley) and headed to urgent care.  

We were the first people in the office when it opened, so our wait was short.  Thankfully, all that was needed was some glue.  The doctor glued Jaxon's "owie" shut and we were on our way in 30 minutes- much less traumatic than our experience in November with Madison's head.   Jaxon did a great job and hasn't been phased by the injury in the least.  Hopefully the glue will help the cut heal well so that he doesn't have a scar on his cute little dimpled chin!

I can't think of a lot of ways to get out of speaking in church, but I definitely think a trip to Urgent Care is a legitimate excuse!


3 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

That's a good one! Glad he's doing A-okay!

Jessica and Rod said...

Hmmm ... I don't know. It seems to me like you were just trying to get out of a talk. :)

Anna@Exasperation said...

This is hilarious. Not the part where Jax killed his face, but the part where you got out of your talk because of it.
When I was gone in October on my girlie weekend, Chase was assigned to talk. Saturday night he took the kids to Great Grandma's to sleep on the trampoline. In the morning Cameron managed to gash Miles' head, which required a trip to Urgent Care and about five staples. After that you would think Chase would skip out on the talk, right? NOPE. He got home, washed all children free of Miles' blood and then proceeded to take them all to church and give his talk.
The dude is crazy.
I would have had Haley give my talk.
I hope Jaxon's face gets better soon! Poor kid!
p.s. Haley is what we're most likely naming this next baby. I heart it.