Monday, March 08, 2010

Cooking out and my new love


Friday night some friends of ours invited us to have a little cookout.  We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores, nothing fancy, but it was a lot of fun to be outside and the weather was perfect for sitting by the fire.


Jaxon enjoyed his Cheetos


Then he added some chocolate, dirt, and marshmallows to the mess on his face.


Madi had fun chasing her friends.  She begged me the whole time to make her a s'more and then when I finally did she only took one bite.  Typical.


Cuddling by the fire.


And here is my new love: my kitchen table!!  Chris found it on craigslist for a great price.  It's so much bigger than our old one! We could fit 8 chairs around it!  I also love that the seats are not upholstered, as our previous table had upholstered seats and that's bad news with little kids!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

glad you found yours!! I'm still on the hunt!

Anna@Exasperation said...

CUTE! I'm also on the hunt. We're about to be a family of six, add in the missionaries and people are eating off their laps. Here's hoping my Craigslist find is as good as yours!!
mmmm...you just HAD to mention s'mores!

Abby said...

awesome! It's a lot like ours!! Glad you found one!
And I got your text- thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice table, and as always, we have the cutest grandkids!!! Can't wait to see you in a few day!

Love, Mom

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

i love your "new love" in fact, ive been looking at the same one, gotta love craigs list. I've seen a lot like that one. Good Job Chris!