Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Egg-cellent

My kids have completely mastered the art of the Easter Egg hunt.  This year we participated in FOUR Easter Egg hunts.  We did one for the city, one for playgroup at church, one for our immediate family, and one with the cousins. There is now waaay too much candy in my house.  Thankfully I can't eat very much without making myself sick.  I only let the kids eat a couple pieces a day, so I think it's going to be sitting there for quite a while.  Maybe we can use it for Halloween.... hmmm, anyone want bunny candy in their Trick-or-treat bucket?  (Just to be clear this would NEVER happen if I was not pregnant.)

Anyway, we had a great Easter weekend with Chris.  He took off his second Saturday since Christmas, the other being his birthday.  He also took off Friday, and since Sunday was Conference he didn't have any meetings, so we had 3 whole days with our dad.  Glorious.  We were going to go camping in Oklahoma but the forecast called for thunderstorms the whole day on Friday.  So we stayed closer to home.  Thursday night we cooked out with friends.  Then the dads camped the night with the big kids and the moms took the little kids home.  Madison had a lot of fun sleeping in the tent.

The rest of the weekend we just took it easy.  I got a much needed pedicure, Chris went golfing, we took the kids swimming at the rec. center, got milk shakes, had our family Easter Egg hunt, spent Sunday at Grandma and Grandpa's  watching Conference and pigging out and pretty much just had a fun, low key weekend.  

Monday night we went to Grandma and Grandpa's again for a little extended family Easter Egg hunt and egg dyeing.  I also let the kids wade in the pool because they have been begging me to go swimming, even though it's only been in the high 70's.   It was freezing cold, but they didn't care.  There's something about water that just makes kids happy!


YAY for Daddy time!


Even when we're camping she has to wear a dress and pose like a princess.


Check out the hair flippin' out over his ears.  We've been working hard for that look!


Ladies man and lovin' it!


Milkshakes are really exciting, even when you have to share with your brother!


Too much of a good thing can make a big mess!


Easter baskets from Dad and Mom (we don't do the Easter Bunny): bubbles, fruit snacks, frisbees and Color Wonder coloring books!


Jaxon has already started having an opinion on what he wears.  Seriously?! the kid is 22 months old!  He picked out this outfit: a swimsuit, a shirt that's too small, and flip flops.  


Bubble bugs, no wand needed.


First dip in the pool! She's not excited at all, can you tell ?!  We went for tankini's this year.  So much easier for the 10 potty trips we have to take every time we swim.  Sometimes I wish she wasn't so hygienic. 


Four cute cousins in the pool!


Jax and Ethan are best buds already!


Dyed eggs.  Forced smile.  Poor kid takes after her mother.  She can't look normal in a picture to save her life.


A small case of "pink eye".  Obviously, he's been getting makeup tips from his sister.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so amazingly cute!!!

Love, Mom & Dad

Amanda said...

so glad you got a break:) And I wish we didn't do the Easter Bunny...it just feels like lying to me....since P already knows it would be easy at this point...but Steve is insistent....Anyway. Liam wants to pick out his shirts too....So I try to hide them and get him excited about the one I pick out....it doesn't always work. And if I was preggo I wouldn't care one bit!

Christy and Jason said...

Fun---where'd you get the bubble bugs?

Annie said...

So cute!! I love Jaxon's hair now! And Madi is such an adorable girly girl. I miss all of you!