We've been a little busy around here. I can never get over how fast the first few weeks of having a newborn go, especially since the last 4 weeks of pregnancy are torturously long. I haven't even taken any good pictures lately. We're all doing good though. Exhausted, but good. Quick update:
- Colton, it turns out, is a puker, not spit up, puke. Like I have to carry around blankets instead of burp cloths, but other than that he's a dream. He's sleeping two 4-hour blocks at night, not that they coincide with my sleep schedule, but hey, I can't complain.
- Jaxon has discovered that when I'm nursing I can't put him in time-out. So he's especially crazy during that time. He adores his little brother though.
- Madison has been my right-hand woman. I can't even express how grateful I am to have her. She is so helpful with the boys and she has been very patient with me.
- I just need sleep. Sleep and a brain that works. I feel like my head is up in the clouds all day long. I have way too many people needing me all at the same time and my lack of sleep makes it hard to focus on everyone. I had mastitis last week. That was awful, but I'm feeling much better now.
- Chris is working less than he was. He's not getting home for dinner, but he's coming home in time for bedtime at least once or twice during the week. Those nights make a huge difference.
And that's it for now. More to come when I can think more clearly.
Madison says her favorite thing about having a baby is "I love him."
What she doesn't like about having a baby? "[Mom] has to be busy all the time with him."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad things are going well!
I'm sure things are crazy for you, but it sounds like you are figuring things out just fine. Enjoy having a newborn again!
So sorry about the mastitis. Had it twice with Lexi. Hope things calm down soon...or at least you brain "grows" back :)
Post a Comment