Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Breathing room...

The kids are occupied, at least for maybe 10 minutes and I have a little breathing room.  They're out back playing easter egg hunt with their Halloween buckets and chalk.  It somehow involves Jaxon using a sword and a bat... not really sure why, but their occupied none the less.  So, here's an update:

Mr. Man.  Oh I love my Mr. Colton.  He's a stud just like his big brother and I must say he just kind of slid right in with the rest of the kids.  He's best accomplishment so far is sleeping!  This wonderful little hunk of love sleeps 11p.m.-3 a.m.  and then 3:30 a.m. -7:30 a.m. , which means that if I time it right I can get almost 8 hours of sleep a night.  (Yet for some reason I'm always still tired.)  And seriously, who can resist those wrist rolls?



 Last Friday, September 24, was my birthday.  The big 2-6 if you must know.  Which means that I've only got 3 more birthdays to go then I get to be 29 for the rest of my life, right?!  It was a good birthday. Chris scheduled me a massage in the morning, which was fabulous.  I'm always achey for MONTHS after I have a baby.  The kids made me cupcakes and a "Happy Birthday Mom" banner while I was out.   Then Chris and I took Mr. Man to dinner.  Afterwards we went to a going away party for some friends of ours.  My sweet friends knew it was my birthday and made a birthday cake for me.  Chocolate peanut butter, my absolute favorite!



Colton eating my cake! 


My gift.  I already had Madi and Jax on my necklace, but now I've got Colton, too!  I love it!


Birthday kids!  Colton actually celebrated his 1 month on my birthday.  So we celebrated together.  He was really excited, as you can tell.

And here are some more pictures of my awesome kids (I don't know why they are kind of blurry, but I don't have the brain power to figure it out right now.  The weather here is getting much nicer so we went to the park to feed the ducks on Monday.








Finally, here is a story to sum up my current mental state:

Yesterday my sister called.  I was excited because Jaxon was telling me his letter sounds.  (Mostly this excites me because my teaching technique involves watching "Letter Factory" in the car.  I'm glad my laziness is paying off).  Anyway I told my sister how glad I was that my laziness was working.  Then her phone lost service.  Fifteen minutes later she called me back.  I then proceeded to tell her the same story, AGAIN.  Half-way though I realized that maybe I had already told her this story.   Seriously, 15 minutes is all it took for me to completely forget that I had already told her that story.   It's a miracle I can get the kids out the door in the morning.  It's a miracle the house hasn't burned down.  Sheesh.  I miss my brain.






4 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

He is so sweet Sarah! And his sleeping! Oh Joy for you!!! Gavyn STILL nurses every two hours through the night and he's now 5 months!

Mia Hansen said...

Your kids are the cutest! Glad Colton is doing well. I love those rolls, so cute!

Sarah said...

Colton is so cute ... the rolls are so adorable. And i love that necklace of yours. What a cute idea!

Don't worry I forget what I'm doing in the middle of doing it half the time, and I only have 1 kid! LOL you're only normal!

Bassetts said...

What a cute family you have! Sorry we missed your bday. Happy belated!