Saturday, June 04, 2011

Jaxon's 3rd birthday!

My middle man is 3!  Friday was his birthday and I think he was a pretty lucky little birthday boy.  Chris took the day off work, so we had a super fun family day!



We started the morning off right with some presents.  Jaxon really wanted these water guns.  We got one for his cousin Ethan and it about broke Jaxon's heart to give it away, so Jax was thrilled when he got his own.


Colton wanted to get in on the present opening.


Then we had cupcakes at 9:30 a.m. I mean why not, right?  He saw the cupcakes when he woke up and he wanted one and it WAS his birthday, so who cares.  I don't usually make such elaborate cupcakes for the family celebration, but after our fiasco last year with the messed up pirate ship I decided I'd practice making the cupcakes before the real party!


Blowing out the candles.


And here's the little guy 3 years ago.  With every kid the years fly by faster. 

After cupcakes and presents we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2.  Then it was home for naps and lunch.  Then out to dinner at Mooyah Hamburger, as the kids call it.  After dinner we went for a swim and then called it a day! 

 I'm just so glad this awesome little kid is part of our family.  I think my favorite thing about him is his sense of humor.  He knows how to be funny, in a good way, to get attention.  He's also got a sensitive side which has come out lately.  He gets really upset when things are sad or scary in movies.  He also gives great hugs and kisses.



1 comment:

Danielle and Trev said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cupcakes!! And that picture of him smiling by them... and blowing out the candle... aww!!!! Come to me!!! One more month... we can do it!!!