Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Summer Lovin'

It is summer and we are loving it!  There's something about the fact that summer comes right after busy season that makes summer even more awesome!  And we're off to a great start already.  We had an great Memorial Day weekend here in TX.  Nothing super huge, but lots of fun events that kept us just busy enough without it being overwhelming!

First, though, I forgot to post these pics with the rest of the pics. from Florida.  We went to a restaurant called Peg Leg Pete's for seafood one night, which is a big deal because I'm not the most adventurous eater.  I went out on a limb, though, and tried some oyster, crab, and grouper.  We also had super awesome stuffed shrimp!  I'm glad I branched out because it was really yummy and fresh!  The only thing I didn't love was the oysters.  They tasted okay, but I couldn't get past how slimy they were.


Arr.


I'm mean and put the pirate patch on Colton.  He didn't like it, but he looked super cute!


Okay, so on to memorial weekend.  The weekend started Thursday night with a fun dinner group at my house.  I was invited by some friends of mine to be part of a dinner group.  There are 10 girls.  We each have a partner and we take turns hosting a dinner party at our homes once a year.  It was super fun!  My friend Lauren and I did a summer picnic theme.  


We ate outside under our arbor.  I hung Christmas lights up to add some ambience. 


Place setting.  We had potted plants for the centerpiece/name cards and then gave them away as favors.


Appetizer and make your own lemonade.  Yum-o!  I pureed and froze kiwis, blueberries, strawberries and peaches then we each made our own fruit/lemonade mixture.  We used Mason jars for glasses!  It was really fun to have a chance to throw a party for adults who actually care about little details!

Friday we had date night.  We went to see Pirates of the Carribean.  It was okay, not my favorite, but it was what I expected: a swashbuckling movie with lots of dirty pirates :) Saturday we went swimming at our newly remodeled neighborhood pool.  Then we went to a birthday party and had the Elders for dinner.  Sunday Chris grilled pork ribs for dinner and we had a new family from our ward over to eat with us.  Can I just say, again, how much I love that Chris makes the entree for Sunday dinner!  Unfortunately, that means I NEVER actually cook dinner for him because he doesn't eat dinner at home during the week, Saturday we usually eat out, and Sunday he cooks.  I cook for the kids, just not him.  It's okay, though, he's not missing out on much.

Monday we had another birthday party and then we went swimming at grandma and grandpas'.


Madison insisted that grandpa get the camera and take pictures of us


Jaxon jumping


Madison jumping, look at the height she gets.  The kids LOVE jumping off the waterfall.


Colton in the zero entry.  


Madison and grandma swinging!

Then Tuesday (ha you thought I was done, huh, nope this is the never ending post), so Tuesday Madison "graduated" preschool.  She has been going to a great in-home preschool two mornings a week for the last 2 years.  It's the perfect setup: her teacher has a teaching degree and she's LDS, most of the kids in her class are in our ward, and her teacher's house is only about 8 minutes away.  Jaxon is going next year and he's super excited. 


Jaxon wore his "superhero cape" to the program.  He does own a real cape, but he prefers to make his own.  Silly boy.


Madison and Ms. Angela


Then last night I got to go to a birthday dinner for my friend Courtney.  I have been friends with Courtney since we attended Olathe South High School in Kansas over 10 years ago.  We graduated together and then kept in touch.  It's a crazy coincidence that we both ended up in Dallas, but I LOVE it!  She's the only person here that I've known that long and she's super fun!

And finally, the big news of the weekend: Colton is crawling!  He's my latest crawler.  Madi and Jax both crawled around 8 months, but he never scooted or army crawled.  He went straight to crawling and now he's crawling and pushing himself up into a sitting position on his own and nothing is safe.  Not gonna lie, I'm glad he waited this long, it was so nice to be able to leave Madison in charge of him because I knew he would be safe, but not any more!  He's very proud of his new skill!


2 comments:

Christina said...

Lots of fun!! We have a dinner club in our ward too, and I love it. Your setup was great.

Lisa said...

Great update!