.... that's where my life has gone... away with the wind. My neighbor, gosh darn her (okay I actually really like her) let me borrow the book Gone with the Wind when I was pregnant with C-dawg. I started it, but like all other books I start when I'm puking my guts out (aka the Twilight series) I didn't finish it. Anyway, about a week ago I decided to give it another try and now I can't put it down. And the stupid book is over 1,000 pages long. I've been reading every chance I get and my house is suffering. This is why I don't read very much, because when I do everything else falls by the wayside. BUT since it's summer I'm cutting myself some slack and just enjoying having a good book to read. I'll catch up and the house work another time.
Anyway, I do want to at least catch up on my blog. (Obviously my priorities are way off since the blog takes precedence over the housework, whatever.)
Last weekend Madison had her dance recital and it was the most insanely cute thing I have ever seen. Oh my goodness. I just couldn't get over all those cute little girls in the adorable costumes! I was never a girly girl growing up, but I'm so glad Madison is. Girls are a precious commodity in the Wise family (Chris only has 1 sister and there are only 2 granddaughters out of 7 grandkids) so I feel like I have to enjoy Madison as much as I can just in case she's the only girl I ever get!
Miss Madison in her costume! They danced to the song "At last I see the light" from Tangled.
Madi and her bestest cousin
The fam!
Madison definitely has Chris under her spell
Madison and her great little friend Sabrina. They were in preschool and ballet together and they just love each other. Sabrina moved on Saturday and Madison has felt that loss.
Madison's recital was the same weekend as Father's Day, which worked out nicely, so my mom and dad were able to be here for the recital AND Father's day. It was fun to get to see my own dad on Father's day. He's a great dad. He has bad health, but he's always willing to serve and put others' needs before his own and that is something I really admire about him.
Also, my dad is really talented. He drew this fun picture for Madison after her recital!
So other than reading when I can (which is usually just evenings and an occasional naptime) we've finally gotten healthy and we've been having a pretty great summer. We've been swimming almost every day, going to dollar movies, making treats, playing with friends, and READING. We've been reading lots of books together. Madison says she wants to be the best reader in her class at school, so she's been practicing hard. I've been reading the Junie B. Jones books to her, which are stinkin' hilarious. Jaxon has been reading up on dinosaurs and the like. He also LOVES reading the Book of Mormon picture scriptures because there are lots and lots of swords!
A couple of Jaxon's recent outfits.... future blackmail. His wedding video is going to be FULL of embarrassing pictures.
And here's Mr. Cdwag. He got a buzz last week. The summer sun has lightened his hair a lot! He looks so much older! He's a crawling machine and he's starting to really play with his toys. He loves to roll his trucks across the floor and play his xylophone! It's amazing how fast they grow up once they are mobile.
And finally, reason #463 I will never be nominated for mother of the year: I feed my babies donuts. There's just nothing better than a soft, scrumptious baby dipped in chocolate!










3 comments:
Ahhh I love a good book and the house going to pot! how fun! Enjoy! It happens to me more often then I should want to admit:-) Happy summer.
It's been so long since we've seen you guys! Madi was absolutely precious, so fun! Glad you are feeling better and having a great summer!
Wow, who took the shot of you guys walking on the beach with sun going down? Very nice! And I totally understand the reading thing...it's why Mom hates it when I get hold of a good novel.
Post a Comment