Monday, July 18, 2011

Starting from the middle

In the last 2 months we have driven through 10 states.  Ten!  And we're only half way through our travels.  

We've been out of town for 2.5 weeks, and we've got another 4.5 weeks to go before the entire Wise family will be back living under one roof.  

Our most recent journey involved Madison, Jaxon, Colton, and I (notice who is missing from this list) and a 17 hour car ride (at least it was supposed to be 17 hours, it took more like 20)  I split the car ride up into two days, thank goodness, but the second day included an exciting twist, because a 3:1 child to adult ratio wasn't exciting enough!  Madison threw up twice on our way from Denver to Kansas City.  Such an adventure!


And while we're on the subject of adventures I'm currently on another adventure of sorts, due to a family situation, the kids and I have taken up residence at my Mom's house in Kansas for the duration of the summer.  So, for the first time in 7 years I'm living at home with my mom and brothers.  Chris is at home in Texas working his little heart out.  We miss him so much, but the kids and I are very much needed up here.   

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope everything is okay. Please let me know if I can do anything. Let me know when you get back.

Annie said...

It was so great to have you guys here! I love you all! You're in my prayers!