We had quite a fun 4th of July celebration this summer. Sometimes we're kind of lame about celebrating the 4th, but this year we went all out.
We started July 2 by going to Stadium of Fire! All the years I spent in Provo and I've never been. I really enjoyed it, especially the synchronized fireworks show at the end. And Brad Paisely. I'm not a huge country fan, but I did enjoy watching Brad Paisely perform.
The morning of the 4th Danielle and I woke up at 5:45 a.m. to run in the freedom run. I had intended to run the 10K, but with all the illness that we had in June my training schedule was really interrupted, so I just rant the 5K. Danielle, however, did amazing in the 10K, she placed 3rd in her age group! I'm so proud!
Then Chris, the kids, and our good friends the Bassetts (who we stayed with for half of our trip!) met us to watch the parade! The 4th of July parade in Provo is about the craziest thing I've ever seen. Not because the parade is anything to brag about, it's nothing all that special, just a normal parade, but because everyone in the entire Utah Valley camps out on the street the night before. It was NUTS. My sister only lives a block away from the parade route and the music from the "parade campers" was shaking the house all night long.
(I have found it is very important to take lots of pictures of all my babies wearing funny things)
I have also found it is very important to take lots of family pictures when there are other people around to take pictures. It's so rare that the whole family actually ends up in a picture together!
Wise and Bassett kids
Then the evening of the 4th we went up American Fork Canyon to do foil dinners and s'mores. I love that it was cool enough up in the canyon to light a fire without sweating to death!
the kids and I went on a little hike
Uncle "Traaa" and Cdawg
Jax and Daddy making s'mores
Aunt "Duhnell" and Madi











2 comments:
What a perfect 4th of July! That sounds so fun. Way to go on getting up that early and running a 5k! I am so out of running shape, a mile sounds hard to me:)
I love these pictures. You are so pretty Sarah! We miss you guys a lot. see you soon.
Post a Comment