As my first child approaches her very first day of Kindergarten I've been tortured by a huge, colossal mistake from my past. Are you ready for this? It's really bad:
I did not let my mom take me to my first day of Kindergarten.
I, like Madison, am the oldest child in my family. And as I think of taking her to her first day of school I have mixed feelings of excitement, pride, and a bit of sadness that my little girl is growing up and my days of making my own schedule are over. But I'm excited to go through the ritual of taking my first child to her first day of school. It's a rite of passage for both of us. And I didn't give my mom that chance. What kind of five-year-old doesn't let her mom take her to her first day of school? I'm so ashamed. To my mother's credit, she let me go alone. Talk about being supportive. I can guarantee that if Madison wanted to go alone I wouldn't let her. I'm sure my mom has gotten over it, but this choice will haunt me for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sarah, I really hope this IS the biggest regret you will ever have! If so you will have lived an amazing life.
We both survived just fine.
Love, Mom
I agree with your mom.
But seriously? That would break my heart into tiny, miniscule pieces that I wouldn't even be able to mod podge back together.
We're taking Miles to his first day of kindergarten in a couple weeks and I'm split between counting the days (he's SO EXCITED!) and trying to hold onto the minutes.
Sarah, my sweet, shy little Leah...she wouldn't let us take her either last year. She wanted to be dropped off. AND, she got out, went inside and never looked back. I was ready to ball like a baby and she didn't even look back! But you know what? It's all good. She was plenty ready and we both needed that assurance that she could and would do it. :)
I laughed when I read this. First of all, I can't remember my first day of Kindergarten. I'm assuming my mom dropped me off, and I don't think Anna cares either way what we do. I'm planning on walking her to her class, and not giving her a choice on the matter.
Post a Comment