Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Weekend with DADDY!!

Look who we got to see this weekend:


Our DAD!  Chris flew home from Utah on July 10 and we didn't see him until this past weekend!  We were so excited to get to spend some time with him


My brothers, my mom, the kids, and I met Chris in Broken Bow, Oklahoma for a weekend of fun and a break from all the hard work back in Kansas City.


Colton was his usual cute, hungry self


On Saturday, we rented some jet skis for the morning.  Colton tolerated the ride, but Madison LOVED it!  That girl was made for the lake!


Madison loved riding like this so she could see Chris and Jax on the tube!  She was a big help keeping the rope from being pulled under the jet ski.


At first Jaxon did NOT want to ride on the tube.  But, being the kind, gentle, understanding mother that I am, I picked him up and threw him on the tube and held him down.  About 5 minutes into the ride he stopped screaming hysterically and started laughing and shouting "This is the best day ever" (name that movie...).   He had a great time riding with Chris!


Hairy Gary looked pretty cool on his jet ski, too!


Jaxon kept sneaking the chips.  He LOVES chips just as much as his dad.  I kept putting them away and then I turned around and he had them out again, see the guilt on his face?  I think he ate almost the whole bag.


The kids also had a great time swimming in the hot tub back at the cabin.  The temperature outside was about 100 degrees and the temperature in the hot tub was about 98, not super relaxing!

And now it's back to work up in Kansas City!  Poor Chis is playing bachelor for a couple more weeks.  I love that man.  I'm so grateful he is willing to let me be available to my mom at this time because I'm sure it's no fun to be alone.  










3 comments:

Amanda said...

You have had a busy summer! I hope all is okay in your family.

doesn't every kid love chips??? Liam has a great love for them also;)

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! I LOVE lake trips, and I bet the kids had a blast! I hope things are going well in Kansas ... I bet your mom is so grateful you and the kids are able to be there for a while :)

p.s. One of your bff's moved up to Toledo where we live and we're totally in the same ward. Small world?!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Glad you got to see your hubby! Looks like you guys are having a great summer. Weren't we supposed to go camping this Summer? Let's wait until Fall when it's cooler. When do you get back? I think you said a couple more weeks, but I'm not sure.