Does it make me a nerd that I've been giggling for about 3 days straight at the thought of using this phrase to title a blog entry? Yes, it does, but for anyone who has read my blog for any length of time, you already know I'm "special" like that anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.
Anyway, Colton has officially came out of the closet, MY closet. For the last YEAR he's been sleeping in our closet. It's been a pretty fantastic situation for the most part. But a couple weeks ago I noticed that a ridiculous amount of clothing was being left all over our room and bathroom because we couldn't get into the closet to put it away for fear of waking the baby. Then one day about a week ago lightning struck: put that kid in JAXON'S closet! Hello, genius! I should have thought of that about 6 months ago when he started sleeping through the night. Thank goodness for walk-in closets. Colton's crib fits perfectly on one side of the closet. The boys' clothes and their plastic drawers have plenty of space on the other side. I'm not quite ready to put Colton in Jaxon's actual room because I like him to have a dark place to sleep where he won't be awakened by Jaxon's comings and goings. Baby steps people. Someday the poor boy will get to sleep in a real crib, maybe. At the rate we are going he may end up going from the closet to a real bed.
And here is a sampling of other goings on in our family:
Grandparents' day at school. Grandma Wise came for lunch!
Ranger's game with some of our good friends! GREAT weather! I LOVE fall!
Rock star day at the gym. About 6 lbs. of gel in his hair!
Friday slurpee day! If Madi gets a happy face at school every day (meaning she was good) AND she practices her piano every day, she gets a slurpee on Friday. Jaxon has to get blue dots (meaning he behaved) at preschool both days to get his slurpee.
Second soccer game of the season. Madi loves soccer! She's got a great little team!
Colton, cheering on his sister. This orange track suit is another family fave. I'll spare you the pics of all the kids wearing it. Plus, he looks like Vector (Despicable Me). What can I say, Colton has both magnitude AND direction, although he mostly is moving in a horizontal direction, still. He's walked a few steps, but he's still too chicken to let go.







1 comment:
That track suit is sooo cute!
Post a Comment