Wednesday, September 07, 2011

My happy place

I've been kind of cranky lately.  Not short-tempered cranky, more like reclusive cranky.  I just haven't been in the mood for much of anything.  Kind of apathetic and unmotivated.  It may have something to do with the fact that I've had a teething/ear infected baby on my hands for two straight weeks.  And when I say teething I mean the random-puking-up-all-night kind of teething.  Madison did the same thing.  I've heard it's more painful when babies get teeth latter.  I think that's true in our case.  Poor little man.  My mood may also have to do with the awesome stomach virus I had last week.  The one that lasted 5 days. I was in so much pain I had to call the neighbor girl over to help babysit until Chris came home.  OR maybe my mood has to do with the fact that it was a million degrees outside every day the whole month of August.  (Really, a million degrees, the thermometer said so.)  

Anyway, my point is not to say that my life is awful.  On the contrary, it's wonderful.  Stuff like this happens all the time.  It wouldn't be a day at our house if someone didn't puke, pee, or poop on something. And I'm doing much better now.  Probably because the temperature dropped a whopping 20 degrees and we've had highs in the upper 80's instead of 107 degrees every day.  It's amazing what a couple of days outside will do to pull ya out of a rut!

So here's to finding my happy place and all the great, crazy, fun things about our family that I just love!

- Jaxon started preschool today!  Joy of joys.  I actually was not in nearly as much of a hurry for him to get out the door as I was for Madison to go when she was 3.  Jaxon is not as high maintenance as Madison.  Not by a LONG shot.  But there are lots of fun friends from church in his class and he will have a blast.  


I do think he looks very grown-up

-  Yesterday I went to the library.  I ran into two people from our ward there.  Today I was at the gas station by our house.  I ran into two people from the ward at the gas station.  Madison has 2 other girls from our ward on her soccer team.  One was on purpose, the other was just by chance.  Our stake center is IN our neighbor hood, literally.  It makes me so happy that the church is so strong in our area!

- The froggy boots bit the dust :(



they were well loved, but it was time to move on



We found some great camp ones at a consignment store.  Jaxon wears them everywhere, even when it is 100 degrees outside.  The people who work the front desk at the gym check every day to see if he is wearing his boots!

- I got my birthday present early!  A double jogging stroller, HOORAY!  I've been wanting one forever, and now that Madison is in school/ can ride her bike at a decent pace, I can definitely get good use out of it.  Thank you Craigslist for coming through again!  Colton and I went on a nice little run while Madi and Jax were at school this morning.  The best part was that my 30 minute run only took 30 minutes.  I didn't have to spend time driving to the gym, checking the kids in, etc.!!


obviously Colton was working hard

- Madison came home from school a couple weeks ago and said, "Mom, I met a new friend today.  His name is Jaxon and I have a feeling I'm going to marry him.  He's so funny and cute like Colton.  But he's not fat like Colton."  A few days after that she came home and said, "Mom, Jaxon keeps asking me to be his girlfriend.  I keep telling him, 'maybe tomorrow' because I don't want to hurt his feelings.  He goes to the church of Jesus Christ, though, I checked."  (for the record he does not go to the LDS church of Jesus Christ).  We have nipped that relationship in the bud, but I am glad that Madison has her priorities straight, even if she is playing some tricking games :)

- I kind of have a weird obsession with taking pictures of my kids in series.  I like to take pictures of them doing the same things year after year.  I also like taking pictures of each kid doing the same thing as the one before.  It's fun to look back on them.  Here are Jaxon's "first day of school pictures"


Jaxon at age 1 when Madi started preschool


Jaxon at age 2


Today.  
Notice, first of all that the height difference between Jaxon and Colton in this picture is MUCH bigger than when Madi was 3 and Jax was 1.  Also, Jaxon looks like he's already taller than Madison was LAST year when she was 4. 

And here is my all time favorite series: the kids in the red pajamas.  We got these PJ's for Madi her first Christmas and they are my favorite.  Not only have they held up well, but they are super cute and all 3 kids have worn them!  I think another reason I love these pictures is that there are some awesome memories attached to them!






3 comments:

Danielle and Trev said...

I love all the pictures!! Those red pajamas honestly are too adorable. Jaxon got so bog so fast!! Holy cow!!

Anonymous said...

They are all so cute and so grown up!! Is Colton standing on his own? Has he taken any steps? Hope everyone is enjoying school and the new routine.

Love, Mom

Bassetts said...

I freakin' love your kids! I almost hate reading your blog cuz it makes me miss you guys so much!