Thursday, March 15, 2012

Exhausted

Spring break is wearing me out!  Not just because the kids are all home all day, not just because we watched Uncle Nathan for 4 days, our friend's fish for 5 days and the neighbors' house/pets/mail for the whole break, not just because we have had friends over every day, but mainly because we've been having SO much fun.  And having fun with kids is exhausting.

Here's what we've been up to so far: 


made rainbow cupcakes


so cool


date night ice skating- madi is a really good skater, what's even more impressive is that the whole time she's skating she doesn't stop talking :)


fed the fish, and renamed the fish Jax-lilu (pronounced  Jax-lie-luh)


stomped in the puddles, it was in the 40's and pouring on Saturday


jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler, it was in the 80's by Monday, cause we live in Texas and a 40 degree difference is normal here, sheesh


took Uncle Nathan to ride bikes in the church parking lot with friends, Uncle Nathan and Colton had fun riding together


tried his first popsicle


devoured her millionth popsicle


mmm


made mini muffins, they were all consumed in less than 24 hours by my 3 starving children who I obviously never feed


played move-the-water-around-with-measuring-cups his new favorite game, and no,  I don't bother dressing him after 3 p.m. 


made ice cream in ziploc bags, the trampoline was very useful in the shaking, also it was about a million percent humidity while we were doing this and trust me by the time we were done we NEEDED ice cream, I ended up jumping with the kids (holding Colton the whole time of course because that's the way he likes it)  and I was drenched when we finished


enjoyed homemade ice cream


ate dinner at Firehouse subs yum-o


cheese!

Also we went to the gym and the park and the grocery store and had a pizza party at our friends' house and played games (memory is our new fave) and watched movies and read books and slept in (yay daylight savings time coinciding with spring break) and now I'm BEAT.  And there's still tomorrow and the weekend to go :)  


2 comments:

Malerie said...

Fun week! My kids love playing with water and tupperware on our deck. Simple pleasures :)

Rod Forsyth said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's exhausted. We haven't even done anything too crazy. We've just been playing inside and out, and I'm beat!