Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Since we've been home!

Here's what we've been up to the last couple of weeks since we got back from vacations: 



Colton joined the boot-lovers club.  I found these at Target on clearance and he LOVES them.


We went swimming with daddy on Labor Day weekend. 


Jaxon started soccer.  Colton thinks he started soccer, too, except he plays with a football which he calls a "basketball."


Of course Jaxon stuck his water bottle down his pants at practice. 


The boys got super dressed up for church a couple of weeks ago and I just couldn't resist.  They are such handsome future missionaries.


Does this head make me look fat?  Just for the record most of Colton's chunky appearance is due to his disproportionally huge head.  His height and weight are both average and proportional.


Madi was having a hard time because, with only one good arm, she couldn't do a lot of the things she loves.  So we went and got pedicures: no arms required! 


We also got breakfast at IHOP, ew, but Madi loves it and she was a happy little girl.


Chris and I went out for our anniversary.  Happy eight years, baby!  The only picture I got was this outfit-check picture I sent to my sister.  It's so nice to have a sister to help me pick out my clothes :)


Labor Day weekend we made the kids clean the garage.  As you can see it was awful and really needed to be cleaned.  The kids were excited to wear their boots and use their brooms for about 5 minutes.  Then they realized that cleaning the garage in 100 plus temps. isn't fun, no matter how cool your boots are.


We did our annual height check.  Jax is already an inch taller than Madison was last year.  That kid is going to be HUGE I tell you!


And, of course, Madi started first grade.   She looks kind of nervous in this picture, which she was, because her arm was hurting and she was afraid no one would recognize her with her haircut.  Once we got to school and everyone recognized her she was just fine!


Jaxon started preschool (Colton didn't he just wants to do everything Jaxon does).  My friend who did the in-home school that Madi went to and Jaxon did last year isn't doing school this year, so for the first time we are going to an actual preschool.  What makes the deal awesome is that Jaxon is going two days a week for five hours!  He LOVES it and it's just so nice to have a few hours to myself and two days where Colton naps and Jax is gone!


Now I'm almost caught up!  Yay!  Only one more week to go!


No comments: