We are winding down summer and getting ready for fall.
I'm glad.
We did summer to its fullest. I have no regrets. We played and partied and swam and traveled and stayed up late and ate junk food and all that you are supposed to do in the summer.
Now I'm ready for fall. I'm ready to be settled into a routine. I'm ready for the holidays and my brother's wedding and soccer and piano and dance and homework.
And cooler temperatures. Of course.
It was still pretty stinkin' hot last week. So we did some swimming.
Colton fell asleep beside the pool. We've been passing around germs in this family like crazy. Either sinus infections or the stomach flu have hit all of us. Except Madison, but she's got a broken arm. I've gotten both, of course.
We found this plastic cast cover for Madison so she can at least go wading without getting her cast wet. She gets her cast off next week and she really wants to go swimming one more time after it's off.
I'm enjoying time alone with the boys. I never realize how much time and energy Madison requires until she's at school. It's nice to be able to focus on the boys for a while. The other afternoon they pulled up chairs to watch the popcorn pop. Oh the simple pleasures.
Saturday was Jaxon's first soccer game. He loved it. Colton tried his hand at photography.
and we got some cuddle time.
Jaxon was pumped and ready to go!
He got a little bored during the quarters when it wasn't his turn (he's the one laying down).
Madison and her friend Brooktyn had a great time together pretending to be cheerleaders!
Then Saturday afternoon we watched some Cougar football. Go BYU!
This weekend it's only supposed to be in the 70's. I'm giddy!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment