Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer lovin'





I love summer (except for the humidity). I love swimming and playing outside and visiting family! Evidently Madison is a fan of summer as well. She will not get out of the pool. We going swimming a minimum of once a day and most of the time we go twice--once in the afternoon and then again when Chris gets home from work. Madison LOVES it! She kicks her feet and laughs and goes under the water. I swear she's part fish!

We've also had a blast hanging out with our friends here in Texas. We went and played sand volleyball last week. Chris got Madison dressed, as you can see from the picture:)

And now for my most recent dilema: Madison will not, I repeat will NOT sleep through the night. Infact, she has been waking up a minimum of twice every night since we got here. Couple that with the fact that we are sleeping on an airmattress (a nice one, but still...) and that makes for two tired parents. I stuff her face full of food everyday and do everything I can to wear her out. We go to the park and go swimming everyday, but she doesn't sleep at night. I am sure it has something to do with the fact that she's in our room with us, but really I'm sick of this!!! She was sleeping at least 10 hours everynight when she was 4 months old...what's the deal!!!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Is she getting up to eat? Or just getting up? Could she be teething? Poor you guys! I am sooo sorry! Hope she starts back on track soon!

Kelly said...

It's definately cause you're in the room...Maria is the same way. I'm laughing over how you "stuff her face with food" everyday! ha! and her little bummy diaper is hilarious!

Jill and Ryan said...

All I can say is that Jill and I would trade our nights for a cutie like Madison if all it meant were waking up in the middle of the night to comfort her. We can't wait to have kids but I can't say that we are excited to sleep less-I am teaching seminary so there goes atleast 1.5 hours of sleep.

Anna@Exasperation said...

I have nothing but sympathy. Miles was doing the same thing while we were living with the Rawlins, waiting to get into a house. Sharing a room with a kiddo is NO FUN! AAHH!
Will you email me so I have your email address? I have an evite to send you...
annarawlins@yahoo.com